1998 Marin East Peak full suspension bike

onyerbike531

Retro Guru
Hello forum people

I have a 1998 Marin East Peak full suspension bike gathering dust in my garage; the reason for this is the rear shock's been blown for well over a decade, it also needs a few new bits like cables, tyres grips and so on, nothing too major. I foolishly rode on it with no damping for a while when I had to cycle to and from a job back in 2005 but since then it has been sat dormant in the garage.

Anyway I wanted to ask if anyone knows what travel this model had on the rear and if there's a suitable cheap replacement shock that I could get fitted? All the bushings seem fine probably due to the fact I never put the bike through its paces properly. In retrospect I wish I'd gone for a steel hardtail like one of the entry level Konas etc.. the East Peak was probably a bit out of my budget but I'd been impressed by the display bike the shop had let me take for a test ride.

I would really like to get the thing running again and take it on some trails. I'm not sure what the model number is but it has a coiled Shock Works shock on the rear.

Thank you

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back