Marin B17 2000

Centre of axel to centre of either of the pivot points should be enough.

Isn't there a risk of damaging the powder coat when removing the cups & bolts?

Re:

Yes but only if you are not careful.Slice orund them with a blade first.
Even if you get a ragged edge it will be hidden by the new bottom bracket and headset.

Re:

465mm from centre of axle to centre of top pivot point, in a straight line along the top of the swingarm. If that makes sense.

Re:

Shock running on this is 200x57mm.

I would take £16 inc postage for the two Enduro KP6A MAX bearings, if you wanted them.

Re:

That looks really nice all powdercoating and a great colour scheme, but why would you spend money getting the suntour fork colour coded rather than wait to get something better. The fork and the wheels let down an otherwise decent spec. Also, why bother rebuilding the cheap giant rims onto the new deore hubs you got. If you're in the trade, surely you could have picked up some better wheels/rims after test fitting the giant ones to check the space available with 650b wheels.

Re:

The frame, swingarm and fork lowers cost me £25 all in to be powdercoated so why not?
Building the wheels was a fun hour spent building a pair of wheels. They are only cheap Deore hubs, whats the big deal? If they were Hope or CK then I would agree but for a little project that I didn't want to spend any money on it was the easiest way. All in I reckon its cost me approx. £300 and since its been in the shop window I've been offered £800.

Back