Kona Score

Re:

Yes Mark, presumably there are no 2000 King Kahuna frames numbered 20, 22, 94 or indeed 170 - if the numbering information is correct.

The last couple of times that I have written to the same guy at Kona, he told me that they have gone through so many software changes, that he is going by memory for this detail. He said the same regarding information on my 1998 Ku.

I've now found the original post - it was on MTBR;

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/bike-hard ... 96crx.aspx

...and was also re-quoted on here. You'll see two of my confirmed serial numbers in this thread. The first one is pictured, I do have a photo of the second one listed.

viewtopic.php?t=142851

A final snippet of information regarding my frame is that the weight seems to differ from those quoted - both in the links, and in Kona's own literature:

I weighed the bare frame on my kitchen scales, and it was:
1,780g / 3.92lbs / 3lbs 14¾ oz

This does seem a little on the light side, although I did test the scales by weighing a litre of water.

EDIT,14th August 06:10 - I did a bit of calibrating of my kitchen scales, as I wasn't convinced that the above weight could be correct - here are the new results;

1,850g / 4.07lbs / 4lbs 1¼ oz

Pip.

Re:

Hi

Cant believe I have miss this thread :facepalm:
Congrats, awesome bike :cool:
We already spoke about 2000 KH else where on here and mine also have a onepiece disktab
But a little bit different as the pic above...really have to show you as you seems to be the expert ;)

Cheers

Re:

Sorry to take an age to respond Kyle, but thank you for the comment. I really should get over your way with this bike soon and give it a blast on the Malvern Hills.

I was inspired to add something to this thread after another Score frame came up for sale on here. We have seen that particular NOS frame before, so there are no new serial numbers to add to the count so far.

Anyway, just a quick update on the build of mine, which I would say is now complete. The temporary Cane Creek that was previously fitted is now on my 1995 Kula, and a Chris King Headset finishes this bike off nicely – taken in the glorious sunshine that we had here on Saturday :D .

. by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip.

Back