1998 GT Zaskar 14.5"

Re:

I have a pair of Judy SL's. The elastomers are shot but the shocks are in good condition with unmarked stanchions.

Re: 1998 GT Zaskar

Looks great. I really miss my old Zaskar which was a 97 from memory. Some scrote nicked it and I've been toying with building another...

DaveyBoyWonder":2s0og45d said:
Looks great. I really miss my old Zaskar which was a 97 from memory. Some scrote nicked it and I've been toying with building another...
Cheers buddy. Nothing worse than having a bike nicked :(

Build is coming along.

Judy SL's arrived today courtesy of Paul from the post above. Cheers fella.

As he mentioned the elastomers were completely shot. They were just powder.

Did a full strip down, clean and re-grease.

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Elastomers are left over from my Judy DH's, but on the hunt for some replacement springs.

Everything cleaned spotless and lowers given a good t-cut.

Then all built back up.

Now time to get them fitted...

Re:

Looks great!! You've done a brilliant job..

You funded the last bit of my Cannondale restomod singlespeed so thanks. I'll post up the pics when I'm finished.

Re: Re:

paulr1980":nxd1uai9 said:
Looks great!! You've done a brilliant job..

You funded the last bit of my Cannondale restomod singlespeed so thanks. I'll post up the pics when I'm finished.
Cheers buddy. They turned out well.

Managed to get them fitted tonigh too.

Next on the list is to find some Magura HS33's and also planning on going 1 x 11 SRAM.

Decal wise I'm thinking of going to 1992 decals to match my other Zaskar, but getting the 'GT' logos done in Judy SL yellow.

Looking forward to getting out in it this weekend for a blast.

Looks good...both your builds (just been reading the '91 thread).

As to decals, I've been toying with the idea for my reissue frame to get some of the ... haven't seen them much, but Hans rey rode a 1991/2ish, zaskar LE, that had the LE in yellow (same LE thats on the 1991 Xizang LE as opposed to the LE from the 1992 zaskar/xizang that blocky) I think that'd look cool.

T'boo Ted":yejnro9x said:
Looks good...both your builds (just been reading the '91 thread).

As to decals, I've been toying with the idea for my reissue frame to get some of the ... haven't seen them much, but Hans rey rode a 1991/2ish, zaskar LE, that had the LE in yellow (same LE thats on the 1991 Xizang LE as opposed to the LE from the 1992 zaskar/xizang that blocky) I think that'd look cool.

Did some googling...

HansReyTrialsBike by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

New decals have arrived.

Feel a bit guilty as ordinarily I would have gone through Gil but I'm trying to keep the costs down on this build; so some EBay jobs did the business. Not as good quality, but you get what you pay for I guess. Had the 'GT' logos done in yellow to match the Judy's.

I decided to go with the 91/92 model decals to match the older bike.

Oh, and a spare M900 rear mech now fitted.

Next on the list will be to get a rear wheel sorted.

I'm planning a modern Hope RS4 in purple laced to a Mavic 521 to try and match the front, but with the piece of mind that it'll hold up; after all, this bikes being built to be a rider.

Back