Porucho electric cruiser new build

OSMojo

Old School Hero
So here's my new e bike. I can't take any credit though, it was all done by Forge Custom Cycles of Bournemouth. 24" rims, customised tank that hides geniously all of the buttons underneath. It is the tidiest of jobs. It will be delivered in a few weeks, I just went to see it this weekend at Spin Bicycle show in London. The bike was a show stealer. the powder coat came out beautiful, Forge even welded on a proper kick stand.

looks smart. where's the motor - inside the rear hub? and wires?

tank must house the battery, how big is it and what range will it do?

02gf74":1y7igj22 said:
looks smart. where's the motor - inside the rear hub? and wires?

tank must house the battery, how big is it and what range will it do?

Thanks. Hub motor, battery is in the tank. It can go 8 miles on max without pedalling. I take it to the gym four times a week, which is a mile there and a mile back. I only pedal on take off to aid the battery. Forge custom cycles hid the buttons underneath the tank and managed to hide the cables. No one at the show realised it was electric.
36 volts 350 watts 20 MPH max Samsung Battery

The tank and wiring look very neat but why the bargain bin brake levers, pedals and cranks?

And trimming the front brake cable was too much work for a show bike?

"It can go 8 miles on max without pedalling. I take it to the gym..." does your gym routine start with sitting on a static bike for warm up/cardio?

mechanical_vandal":zw4ywluh said:
The tank and wiring look very neat but why the bargain bin brake levers, pedals and cranks?

And trimming the front brake cable was too much work for a show bike?

"It can go 8 miles on max without pedalling. I take it to the gym..." does your gym routine start with sitting on a static bike for warm up/cardio?

I supplied some of the parts from a sondors e bike that's why those parts are cheap. The bike was barely ready for the show hence the cable

I lift very heavy weights for Bodybuilding. We don't like to waste our energy before getting to the gym.

Re:

This is how it looks these days, it's 8 foot long.

g6Y21y2zqYOfVSxdshb1wi-Bb_gcOiBiadaXA4TrUgspX92IB

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a sprung brooks saddle instead of an unsprung one on a suspension post?

Bats":h4718u9v said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a sprung brooks saddle instead of an unsprung one on a suspension post?
TBH these suspension posts work really well, the bounce just seems a bit more controlled than springs.

More fun that way. I mean to be honest you wouldn't build a bike anything like this if doing it the "best" way was the idea.

Frame looks a good fit for those chinese 66cc engines. Just need some mounts fabbed up...

Back