Bespoke Steel Hardtail - What's not to love?

Rob H

Retro Guru
I initially ordered the frame late October / early November time with the idea of racing it in the Hardtail Class in the British Enduro Series only for the race series to be cancelled within days of the frame arriving. Never the less I got it built up and done a few shake down rides and I have to say it's rapidly becoming my bike of choice. So here's a few photos:

I like it but looks strange, seems to have a long wheeeeeeelbase (slack head angle?) and almost monkey hanger bars.

Its 26 innit?

Ok, so was mostly right.

Cables and hose could do with trimming, just noticed : rear hose should run in the inside of the chain stay.

quick answer to the title, whats not to like... maybe the price? :)

that long down tube looks really strange, but the internal bracing is very nice, neat solution. what does it weigh? bare frame i mean

Re:

Love the fact it not a 29er. Love the colour. A custom build is very much to the buyers tast. People often say my seat is way to high.
I'd perhaps trim the cables as look to long.

The hoses have now been shortened.

No idea weight wise, I didn't weigh the frame before I started building it and I'm definitely not going to strip it down to weigh the frame.

Agreed it does look lovely. i'd love a reynolds framed hardtail.

Would be nice to see some closer pics of the frame detail please :D

Congratulations on a very nice ride!!

Safe trails

This looks like a lot of fun! I'm really enjoying the resurgence in hardtails at the moment. Long low slack hardtails are so much fun. I bought one for the winter and use it so much, it's just as much fun as the full sus bike.

Re:

i really like what BTR are doing, it's not really my style of bike though as they are a bit more hardcore than my style of riding but i just think they are nicely made frame, and in the grand scheme of things not daft money compared to alot of other builders

:cool:

Latest posts

Back