Giant XTC and a few others...

Re:

I've just picked up some Hope SP XC3 wheels for my Anthem. These weigh just under 1,500g!

This has dropped the weight of the bike below 25lbs.

Re:

I took part in the Fred Whitton Challenge again last weekend and managed to knock two hours off my 2016 time. Not sure if I'll be riding the even in 2018, but quite fancy another go at some point to get below 7 hours.

I've just picked up a Cannondale F500. It seems to have been well maintained, with the headshox working fine and no wear to the drivetrain. Some parts look to have been replaced over the last 17 years, but it's nice to see the Coda parts still present. It's a bit of a shame the forks don't have a disc brake mount, as the frame does. Depending on how long I keep the bike I might seek out some Fatty forks with a disc brake mount.

I've stripped the bike down to give everything a good clean and degrease. I've ordered some new brake pads and cables and will hopefully get it rebuilt over the next week or so.

Re:

Looking good.Im in the process of buying a 2010 Anthem frame and have went a bit bananas on the upcoming build-full XTR mostly M9000 with a smattering of M980,Rock Shox XXX World Champs, Easton Haven carbon bars/post and Hope bits and bobs.

Back