tIB's Pace RC200 build

Pedals were these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261982074803
My only complaint is that they are a bit slippy, hence i put straps on. Might try out some proper pedals at some point- I've never tried cleats.

Bizzarely the postage from Canada was 3 pound- the whole thing cost just over 15 quid and avoided import tax, bonus! If i remember right the 3x9 low clamp was sold as released for the bike builders market, whatever that means. Came without a box or anything, but was brand new and exactly what i wanted- didn't like the high clamp covering the decals. Will take a snap next time I'm out...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes i had considerd those pedals before but wasn't sure about them and i think you've just told me why i was unsure as i did think they looked a bit too smooth but wasn't certain but now you've given your verdict i don't think i'd be happy with them tbh .

Only £3 p+p from Canada wow! and yes avoiding the import tax is an amazing bonus so nice one T ;) .

The 3x9 clamp was sold for what market huh! , nope never heard of it and the only thing that makes sense is the bike builders market refers to custom bike builders and who cares if it came without a box as long as it does the job and arrived intact but yes i hate it when you fit a mech and it covers the decals as that just ruins the overall appearance of your bike .

A pic the next time your out will be hugely appreciated mate so very much looking forward to that thankyou ;) ..

That low clamp mech looks really cool T as it looks a hell of alot neater than the standard high clamp so i'm pretty interested in looking out for one at a later date ...

Yes i bet those climbs really took it out of you as it would me too but i bet you really felt good knowing you'd done it mate ..

I didn't get onto the top ring much! Going to do the ride home from work while the weather's nice- another 20 or so km of hills tonight. Much prefer the new mech- looks loads better not being clamped over the decals. Also have some new tyres to go on this but will wait until the current ones need changing.

I was always one for being on the top ring bitd but now not so much as just like you i'm not as fit i use to be even more so since my hernia op last year but any way it's all about enjoying the ride ..

20 km's or so of hills sounds like a challenge but i bet you managed it mate .
Yes i bet you do prefer the new low clamp mech alot more to the standard high clamp design especially because it doesn't interfear with the decals plus it really does look much more classy imho ..

So what new treads have you got then T? and if the new tyres are better suited for summer then i'd be inclined to fit them now tbh mate ..

If they are those or very similar i'd be fitting them very soon as they appear to offer very little rolling resistance but excellent water dispersal which is ideal for spring and summer use unless your existing tyres are just as good ..

You made it home in good time then well that's excellent mate and although you struggled a bit towards the end you'll find yourself doing better if can do the run more frequently so keep it up if you can but not every day or you'll pay for it as for the weather well i've not seen the forcast but i may of jinxed the weather as i washed my car today :roll: but fingers crossed the rain won't appear till September :LOL: ..

Well it's raining tonight! Could have made it home but the forecast is wet now until the weekend so probably won't get out again until then. Nice to be back out though- looking forward to getting some strength back into the legs...

As for the tyres current ones are ok enough- I'll change over when they are a little more worn. Need to decide whether to refit my ally seatpost so i can fit the rack on- not sure I'll need it when riding just the one way.

Rain what rain but seriously we had about 10 minutes worth around 15.10 this afternoon .
Not seen the weather forcast but it doesn't surprise me as we had a nice weekend but yes fingers crossed the weather will be dry this coming weekend and just maybe i'll get out for a quick ride on Sunday ;) .

Your lucky being able to get a ride in as i've not managed one so far this year but glad you've enjoyed being out and yes give it time and you'll have the legs up to par again soon .

Well if your happy with your current tyres for the time being then fair enough and what's a rack as i've never needed to use one tbh but their again it's your choice and if you think you might need to use it on occasion then maybe it's worth fitting it ..

Back