2000 Gary Fisher Supercaliber. Finished ! !

Re:

Hopefully youve not fitted any parts to it, are you able to weigh frame, as is i.e. with headset cups but without seatpost clamp? Be interested if its different to the mt tam i got. And your frame is Large ?

Re: Re:

02gf74":3kgy3v83 said:
Hopefully youve not fitted any parts to it, are you able to weigh frame, as is i.e. with headset cups but without seatpost clamp? Be interested if its different to the mt tam i got. And your frame is Large ?

Yes, I will weigh it before I start putting it together. Been busy on other bike projects today! :roll: :facepalm:

It is a 19" c-t

Mike

Re:

Bare frame, with gear hanger, weighs in at smack on 1.5kg.

Started on it today. I wanted to test the yellow paint on an area before doing the main tubes. It's quite a pale yellow, with some flecks in it, almost metallic.
So, rubbed down, primered, and a bit of yellow later,

IMG_0791 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Followed by clear coat. Sadly, it is a bit too pale. :roll: So won't be using any more of that I think. Although I will have a proper look at it in daylight tomorrow.

A couple of the bottle bosses were spinning, so I pushed them through into the tubes, before rattling them out.

IMG_0807 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

New ones to replace,

IMG_0808 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Simply put it in the hole, hold the nut and tighten the allen bolt.

IMG_0810 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Simples

IMG_0811 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

May look in my stash for some stickers to cover missing paint. I would still like to have a go at the red though. Look s like it's been leant against a lamp post or something similar.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2j2ae7xb said:

Hmm, ive got some at that paint bubblinhbling going on too, worst on underside of down tube. And wbo said aliminium alloy does not corrode. Btw for aluminiumits recommended to use an etch primer.

...reckon ill call mine patina and leave it.

Re:

Starting to wish I'd done the same, and stickered over the gnaarly bits!

Anyway, after a bit of paint and lacquer, the yellow is finally done.

IMG_0890 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

The finish is great, but underneath, it is far from perfect. The only way around that would be to have taken it back to bare metal, I think.

IMG_0892 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Now for the tricky unmasking, nervous. Should I need to cut around the tape first?

Mike

Back