How much will my Marin cost?

Re:

I was going to wait till after the powder coat before I fitted the headset but I was desperate to try out my new Marzocchi forks...

Also now running a 36 tooth ZEE chainring which seems better suited to my needs, Still a few bits to go on, newer XT Mech and Easton Monkey Bars and Post both in carbon fibre.

Re:

Finally got round to shortening my rear brake hose, the lever has an even better feel now perhaps I chopped out an air bubble! Also today brought my new grips from CRC, I don't wear gloves a lot when cycling and the Clarks bartape grips really appealed, this also prompted me to fit the Easton stem & carbon CT2 bar and seat post.

Guess it will take a while to get everything just right, but I have inverted the stem which gives it a racey look (in my eyes). Will have to wait till tomorrow though before I can give it a try :x

Where has the time gone! My Marin is still pretty much how I left it in the last post but the accumulation of parts has grown some what expensively! This week I took delivery of the final pieces to make upa 1x11 M8000 groupset. I am keeping the Mavic Crossrides so have not got the M8000 hubs.

I have a pair of Panaracer small block 2.25 tyres and a new saddle of my favourite type but with a colour flash to match my planned finish. I now need to find the time to disassemble the bike, remove the bosses for the rear V brakes and front mech cable runs. Then on to powder coat!

Despite all this time I am still wavering on colour, but I think it will be white. I can then either use the Marzoochi or Rockshox forks. I will look to get the decals reprinted to match the new saddle highlights.

If anyone wants to see a M8000 groupset in Boxes shout out and I will post up some pictures.

Shocking thing is I now have more invested in this bike than my car is worth - based on the tradein price I received today!!

Looking good! Loving the mix of old and new tech...and i bet the bike gives you a bigger smile than that TF?
:D

jon.bda":1w8giaff said:
Looking good! Loving the mix of old and new tech...and i bet the bike gives you a bigger smile than that TF?
:D

After more than 12 years the Tf has lost its appeal, dont think I even drove it with the hood down last year. It has gone now, traded in for something more practical.

I love the look of the Marin but you can't deny technology, my only problem is not riding it for long enough to powder coat and fit the M8000 11 speed stuff. I have 3 other bikes I can use whilst it is in pieces, but the Marin is my go to bike unless I need Panniers or distance in which case the Cube Hybrid comes out.

Had another change of heart on the colour, thinking Shaddow Chrome now...

Re:

XT 1x11 fitted and put some wider section tyres on whilst it was apart. Still got to fit the M8000 brakes but I think I will get some ice tech rotors first. I reckon I am going to have to up the budget again for some fancy pedals instead of the welgo v8 copy's fitted.

Shake down ride photo:

As for paint, I am starting to think leave it ratty. At least that way I won't be precious about using it,

Back