The Raleigh rsp collection just grew a couple more :)

jimmylad

Retro Guru
Hello all

Only a quick post for now but just thought I'd show of my collection of Raleigh Special Products bikes, as I've just picked up a hardtail and near new 300 (there's another dho frame that I haven't built up yet not shown :D ). The parts on the hardtail are a bit mish-mashed but i'll sort to them in time. The pics are from my phone so you'll have to forgive the quality but hopefully they bring a smile to some.

Safe trails

Attachments

• DSC_1368 (2).jpg
    DSC_1368 (2).jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 3,301
  • DSC_1371 (2).jpg
    DSC_1371 (2).jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 3,301
  • DSC_1381 (2).jpg
    DSC_1381 (2).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 3,300
Hello again

I found the original catalogue I have so thought I'd post a few pictures of it :D

Attachments

• DSC_1395.jpg
    DSC_1395.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,272
  • DSC_1396.jpg
    DSC_1396.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,266
  • DSC_1397.jpg
    DSC_1397.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 3,257
  • DSC_1399.jpg
    DSC_1399.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3,264
  • DSC_1400.jpg
    DSC_1400.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,270
Nice collection, could you tell me what year the catalogue is please? I have a red road frame which look like the R300, but without all the stickers.

Hi Kona_21. They are from the year 2000. It was the last year Raleigh where great. Back when they had Matt Farmer, Emma Guy and Barry Clark on the teams. Its crazy to think that these are now 17 years old. I'd like to think they still hold their own against a lot of modern bikes. The work within the DHO is simply stunning and even now given the chance of pretty much any bike on the market there's no way I'd require anything else. The DHO makes a super trail bike and the suspension works like a dream. I do unfortunately have my eye on another rsp bike at the moment but a) I don't have the spare cash and b) how many bikes/frames does one person actually need?!?!

Safe trails

Very nice. I am so after a RSP 550 to join my stable. Build it up to the Barry Clarke model he race in his last year with them.
I had a RSP 150 which got nicked in 2002. Loved that range of bikes. Still have all the paperwork, catalogues etc.

Re:

Nice little collection that you have there! I especially like the dinky trials version :cool:

These RSP models were hugely underrated in my opinion - I have one of the Full Ti proline frames that I've been using for nigh on 3 years daily for commuting on. It's a beautifully made thing and it's always been fun to ride.

If you happen to have a moment look up some posts by bikemeister2000 on here as well. He's sadly not so active on here these days but had a few tales to tell, as an ex RSP employee :)

jimmylad":2fscf2dv said:
Hi Kona_21. They are from the year 2000. It was the last year Raleigh where great. Back when they had Matt Farmer, Emma Guy and Barry Clark on the teams. Its crazy to think that these are now 17 years old. I'd like to think they still hold their own against a lot of modern bikes. The work within the DHO is simply stunning and even now given the chance of pretty much any bike on the market there's no way I'd require anything else. The DHO makes a super trail bike and the suspension works like a dream. I do unfortunately have my eye on another rsp bike at the moment but a) I don't have the spare cash and b) how many bikes/frames does one person actually need?!?!

Safe trails

Cool, thanks for the info jimmylad. I know what you mean, loads of life left in these bikes and they do look good! I have collected road, full sus and hard tail bikes along the way! Been riding the hard tail the most, still not sure i have the right shock setup on the 300 as am getting a slight knock, like it is hitting the top tube. Only just got the road bike up and running. I believe the correct number of bike to own is N+1 or D-1...

Re: The Raleigh RSP collection is getting silly now!

Hello all

I hope your all well and keeping it rubber side down :)

Firstly I feel I should apologize for 'just' another quick post. I always seem to get ideas to do this when I am very tired. It is my intention to do a full and proper write up on these in due course and why they mean so much to me. As well I'll be stripping a couple of them down and rebuilding them in due course so I'd like to do a full write up with pics of that process as I think it would be a fun one to do. As well the picture quality, the pictures I've just uploaded my phone but again in due course I'll do a proper photo shoot with them, I may even pose in my RSP team jersey with the bikes :D

Until then, I would like to show you my latest addition to my addiction (collection). I really should have paid my rent with this money but I was very kindly offered this at a price I could not refuse (Thank you very kindly Rob!!! Your a true gentleman!!).

Compared to my other RSP 500 this one is head and shoulders above. From what I can tell its almost all original stock. Magura hs33, and discs, magura rond fork, lx and deore groupset. The stem isn't original but that is not worth mentioning - it still attaches the handlebars to the bike so its still a stem :D

But seriously just look at it - a work of art and 17 years year old/young!! It upsets me that Raleigh fell from such grace but I do believe these still would stand up to many bikes today.

I now have five RSP bikes/frames which is starting to get silly I think. Two DHO's (only one built up at the moment), two RSP 500's (again only this one built up - the other was stripped down due to various reasons and may actually feature a hairline crack - not amused but I'll inspect that at a later date) and one RSP 300 which is built but boxed up for storage as I'm running out of room!
Would it be bold of me to say I maybe own the worlds greatest collection of RSP bikes? who knows and who cares :) I would like one the ti xc bikes /frames but I'm not going to humour that idea at the moment unless one comes up for sale in good condition.

It be nice to hear your thoughts or comments (or jokes)

Safe trails

Attachments

• DSC_1683smaller.jpg
    DSC_1683smaller.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 2,811
kona_221":2rx87vz3 said:
jimmylad":2rx87vz3 said:

Safe trails

Cool, thanks for the info jimmylad. I know what you mean, loads of life left in these bikes and they do look good! I have collected road, full sus and hard tail bikes along the way! Been riding the hard tail the most, still not sure i have the right shock setup on the 300 as am getting a slight knock, like it is hitting the top tube. Only just got the road bike up and running. I believe the correct number of bike to own is N+1 or D-1...

Kona_221 I had the same problem with one of my DHO's. someone had fitted a wrong length shock and it had thus left a indent under the top tube where the shock is. A bit disappointed but Reynolds is tough as old boots so am not concerned to much. I don't understand why people do these things!!
And I'd agree with the equation N+1 for number of acceptable bikes :D

Hi Gererd. My friend use dto have one of the 150's. I loved them and I don't think your the only after a 550 ;)
Sorry to hear some g*t stole it from you. I understand your pain in that respect and all I can hope for is that karma f*cks them over!! (sorry for the bad words but I hate these type of people, grrrr!)

Hi Mynchiboy. Yeah I used to be more active on here. I had another thread about one of my dho's but the social media I used to link the pictures to I removed and I left that thread now. But yeah I remember bikemister2000 telling me some great facts about these bikes. If I remember he had a big hand in spec'ing these bikes out or such. Think I'd enjoy sitting down with him and a brew and picking his brain about so many things about the rsp range and the team.

Latest posts

Back