2000 Gary Fisher Supercaliber. Finished ! !

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
I won't even begin to make excuses, you've heard them all before :roll:

I couldn't resist this when it came up for sale on here.

WP_20170118_13_04_41_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Paint needs a bit of work to get it looking great again, but I'm confident I can do it.

Having built up the Supercal 29er, thread here,

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=304133

I realized that for me, 26ers felt better. So I sold the 29er chassis to another forum member.

Now to source some yellow paint. Think I may have to get some matched up, as it's a pretty pale yellow and nothing suitable in Halfrauds! I have some red though, for the back end.

Mike

Re: 2000 Gary Fisher Supercaliber

Check it very carefully for them things spud always gets.

Mine went at the head tube.

No internal?

ecc75056a1404f756f727469da94d0c8_zpsd026f58d.jpg

Nice frame! I have one hanging on the wall, rode the crap out of it for 5 years with lots of great memories.

Baulz":1viwumbc said:
Nice frame! I have one hanging on the wall, rode the crap out of it for 5 years with lots of great memories.

Thanks!

Had to get it, if only to match my kit, apart from the Saab/Subaru bit! :roll:

IMG_0581 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

:LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Need to check my catalogues but my recently aquired mt tam was one bike below yours in the hierarchy. From the photo the paint looks fine.

Will you be fitting rear disc brake?

02gf74":ti937jy4 said:
Need to check my catalogues but my recently aquired mt tam was one bike below yours in the hierarchy. From the photo the paint looks fine.

It's all in the archives on here.

No disc brakes, Avid V's for this one

Mike

02gf74":29hltu0d said:

Your Mt Tam is a 99 and the Saab Supercal is a 2000. I started with a 99 Ziggurat which was one below the Tam, then did a frame upgrade the following year.

so naughty Mike
I stupidly told the missus that I wanted a Colnago she told me I would have to SELL a bike and no crossovers were allowed, but bless her she's not well at the moment.

Back