2003 Giant TCR ONCE

Re: Re:

shedobits":1w4kazcp said:
Let me know if you need any stop screws (postage only) as I`ve been crashing rear mechs lately.

Oops! :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you haven't hurt yourself! I'll bare it in mind, thanks! ;)

Mike

"To Plastikote or not Plastikote, that is the question ?"

Does this work? I have been toying with giving a silver ring a couple of coats of etch primer topped off with Plasticote and meybe even laquer but wasn't sure if it would be very successful.

kipperthedog":20orn51n said:
"To Plastikote or not Plastikote, that is the question ?"

Does this work? I have been toying with giving a silver ring a couple of coats of etch primer topped off with Plasticote and meybe even laquer but wasn't sure if it would be very successful.

I can't see why not. Just tape up the teeth first though! I did buy one in the end. Before finding a matching pair of grey Shimano rings! :facepalm:
I'll see what looks best when it arrives

Mike

Re:

Not much progress today I'm afraid, but I did polish the frame and fit the newly polished cranks, I think the black chainring looks ok. Along with the rear mech.

IMG_0782 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I have a front one, but that needs polishing before I fit it.
Stem is also at the right height now, but look odd with the spacer underneath.

IMG_0783 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

May try an ITM stem on there instead.

Mike

Gonna be a good looking machine mate I like the stem not sure it would look any better with a different one

Re:

It looks like it's moving fast, even when it's standing still.

Black bar tape would be super stealthy though. :cool:

NeilM":12ue3fdq said:
It looks like it's moving fast, even when it's standing still.

Black bar tape would be super stealthy though. :cool:

Right, that's it! Im swapping front end with the Jackson tomorrow. See how THAT looks! :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

Ohhhh, he's getting all cross and stamping his feet, I knew the black bar tape comment was a mistake. :facepalm:

Re:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

STOP IT ! ! !

.......No

Keep the stem and use grey bar tape then everything tie's in with the frame it would look the nuts. :cool:

Back