Incoming. Again. Salsa Horseradish finished.

Re: Incoming. Again. Salsa Horseradish

Just throwing stuff on to see what doesn't offend too much.

Red Bars, blue ano end and lock on grips to bring out the little bits on the fork and shock. Black/red DMR v8 toxics. Black spoon with red under or full red spoon somewhere. Would divert the eye from that stem.

d664dfedfaca273df78f2fd8ca9c3a46_zps4aklprae.jpg

Re:

Rear brake hose too short. Crc to the rescue! Got an old set of m595 here. Deore 10spd shifters, I hate bleeding bleeding brakes.

Re:

It's finished. It's gigrontous and like riding along on a big soft fluffy bicycle covered in big sift fluffy things. :LOL:

Will play with the shock pressures. 300psi Max it says.

Re:

THM,

Glad to hear she's finished. Awaiting the finished pics.

Try to set your sag to around 25% to start, then tweak from there.

You will need a mate to hold you like in a track stand position to properly gauge.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Cheers to you too and a very merry all that holiday stuff. :xmas-big-grin:

I generally sag a lot more than 25% these days.

Very very comfortable. I think my back is going to like it.

32246d4f0184676b71b9059f79113d3f_zpscmnwqulo.jpg

Just been for a decent shakedown. I've had a couple of indifferent bikes lately that have come and gone in quick succession. This is different. Very Different. Once I had a play with the seat height and got my head around the shock permutations it was a revelation. The first 4 miles are pretty much all up which gives me a chance to fiddle and put the build under pressure. Nothing to report other than the strange sensation of not feeling like the power (what little I have) was going down as the suspension rocked a little even on the climb settings.

At the top.

Leaving my usual trig point there's a downhill drop off of about 2ft at which I always wince as my hardtails and rigids absorb my bulk on landing. On this I waited for the crunch but nothing. Amazing. That gave me the confidence to start tw*tting about, going up and down steep and jumpy things just to see what happened. It carries speed like nothing else i have, doesn't kick you in the backside as you leave and made short work of anything I threw at it. This bike is way beyond me and my meager skills. I then started picking lines aiming for football sized rocks just to see. Not a problem. Witchcraft.

Spot the man on the road! Not quite ready to drop down there yet but I'm sure it would cope.

This was more my style. Lots of off camber, gravity fed fun.

Sat and thunk. Very very modern. Very capable. Not sure if it has the charm of the old stuff but good grief does it inspire confidence.

With a dropper it would be perfect. (31.9 if anybody has something) I grinned all the way down the nasty bits.
Needs a bit more THM 'style and colour' i think.

When you know this is a 29er it really is enormous.

Re:

That looks just 'right'.

I had the same kind of revelation the first time I rode a decent 29'er. Mine's a hard tail, but you've pretty much echoed what I would say.

Love the look of the Salsa though. it's definitely a handsome machine. :cool:

It needs a bit of colour- given that you have green bars, how about Rasta?

Back