** Ibis Tranny 29er - ENVE **

Re: ** Ibis Tranny 29 - ENVE build **

Wonderful build, if I could ´like´every post with a photo I would´ve done that

Re:

discovered that the AB 32 tooth ring at it's widest points has been clipping the titanium anti-chain-suck plate on the frame :facepalm:

got in touch with Absolute Black, but it seems there are a few frames out there that don't offer a lot of clearance, Niner being another manufacturer

so, i've ordered a 30 tooth chainring instead, which should give me clearance

that's also given me the perfect excuse to justify a change of gearing from 11-42 to 11-40, so it's out with the XT M8000 cassette and in with an XTR 9001 cassette :oops: :D

Attachments

• suck.jpg
    suck.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,296
Re:

new cassette arrived today so i re-weighed the rear wheel while it was off, i appear to have saved 108g! :facepalm: :D

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 9001.jpg
    9001.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • xtr.jpg
    xtr.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,267
Re:

took the big-wheeled Tranny out for a proper ride today, went round the Rothes Windmills, an old haunt of mine that i've not been round for 15 years or so! :shock:

bike was faultless, very happy with how it rides, climbs like a rocket (even with an old fat man onboard!)

it's very stable (maybe the big wheels), and smooth. drivetrain is near silent, no chain-slap at all, and i can back-pedal in the lowest gear with no issues! rolls well although there is some drag from the big tyres. metal pads are powerful, last set of these brakes i had used the resin pads, but the metals made no noise. carbon levers are great too as they don't get cold at all!

was beautiful weather and the views were lovely with 25 miles covered (albeit with feet like blocks of ice by the time i got back to the car!)

sampled the 30-40 a couple of times too, didn't need it, purely out of interest...... :oops:

cheers! :cool: 929048BB-CFA3-4622-81CC-62362FBF43C8.jpeg

Attachments

• wm3.jpg
    wm3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • wm2.jpg
    wm2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,239
  • wm1.jpg
    wm1.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
Re:

this is now for sale, unfortunately, mint, as new.

won't be cheap, but then it wasn't cheap to build!

could possibly split.

send me a PM if any interest.

will be in the 1998 For Sale Section shortly.

Cheers,

Mike

edit: now in the 1998 FOR SALE section @ £2650...... cost £3200 to build :oops:

Re:

Nice one!

I can't imagine anyone more fastidious about their builds than Velo.

In fact, I am waiting for a polite pause to ask him to build some of my 'projects'..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back