tIB's Custom Pace RC300 build

Yes the forks have the lockout- bought them to go on the 300 but sticking them on the maxlight is a good shout actually- means I can flog what's on there now too! That said I might get around to sorting the two paces the week after next...

Well if you hadn't got the forks with the lockout i was going to ask why not as it's alway's a handy option to have and it suddenly struck me at the time of repying to the previous post that the lockout would suit the maxlight really well hence why i mentioned it so it's now a win win situation :cool: ..

I take it you have got a fair bit on then regard's the move if your not going to be sorting the 2 Pace's any earlier than the week after next ? ..

Yup, good shout that. I've left the builds more because I didn't want to leave myself halfway through anything. Have a block of time coming up so I'll do it all then probably... Might even leave the 300 until after the winter and keep the maxlight through the dirty months.

No it's no fun being caught half way through any job if somthing comes up but if you've got a load of time coming up and your not in the middle of moving then i'd just concentrate on the one bike then if you can put the 300 off until later on as it will give you more fettling time plus if you do have the move come up while your off then it means less bit's to tidy up ;) ..

Can't see anything coming around this quick - we'll be doing well if we are in by Christmas I think, which would be nice!

Yeah on the switching up- the bike triangle involves stripping the 300 to put the bits on the 200, stripping the maxlight to put the bits on the 300 and then seeing what I have left over for the maxlight. Might just be easier to take the second two switches and leave them until later...

Well yes if you could be in by christmas then at least you could start settling down into your new home which of course would make for a more relaxed festive holiday period but thinking about it i guess that would be expecting alot but their again you just never know ;) ..

Well it would be easier to take the second two switches and leave them until
later on if that would satisfy you for now but i guess you'll just have to see how you feel when you come to it ..

It going through is the most important thing - when it happens is fine as long as it happens!

Pace wise I snapped the key in my lock today- that was a bit frightening! Fortunately I managed to force the lock open after much fiddling... Relief!!!

I know the completion of the purchase is the main important thing and that just waiting for it can be a frustrating affair unless the estate agent is pretty good at keeping you updated ..

Snapped key's are never funny although personnally i've never had a key break on me thank goodness although when i was in my early teen's i was out with my parent's one evening as my Mum wanted to go out for some driving practice due to learning any way my Mum decided to make a stop while she got out of the car for a smoke but when she got back and went to start the car she started to panic as she noticed just before she put the key in the ignition she had a quarter of it missing so after looking on the floor of the car and not finding the other piece we had to look for a phone box to call for help any way it was the following morning when the rest of the key was found in the ignition :facepalm: :LOL: ....

Nightmare! First time I'd done it, though I've either got super strong or it was a very weak bit of metal - not much forced required to snap it.

Back to the 300 I've finally decided on what's happening with it pretty much - the exotic forks will go back on with the ritchey finishing kit that's already on there. Gears will be 2x10 sram x9, I've an fsa comet crankset that will either live on this or the maxlight and initially I'll try out the hope c2 wannabe giant mph brakes, which calliper wise look almost identical to the hopes. Might buy some newer hopes further down the line to replace with. Oh, and fir rims on xt hubs, possibly with some white liney schwalbes! Sorted.

Unfortunately some keys are slightly flawed and suddenly break after what can me months of using them or given time they fatigue :eek: :( ..

Seems like you've got this all sussed :cool: and if you don't get on with the hope c2 wannabe giant mph brakes then i maybe interested in trying them out and if i like them then probably strike a deal but will have to see how you get on with them 1st as you may just love them ;) ..

Yes i'm pretty certain your addicted to those Schwalbes ;) ..

Latest posts

Back