tIB's Pace RC200 build

Think I've found the right adapter- will gamble on it and all being well fit in the week...

I've got me fingers crossed for ya T ;) ..

I don't suppose you know the size and length of allun key used inside a pair of Spinner forks so i can service the darn thing's do you ? as i ain't got the foggiest idea plus not sure if normal grease is okay to use on em either :oops: ...

Not a clue I'm afraid- there was a cheap pair of those local to me, any good? Teflon grease can aparantly mess with rubber seals over time, though I've no idea what kind of timescale that is- I'd imagine it's fairly long.

No worrie's T as for wether there any good well from what i've read these forks can be quite crappy if your a heavy weight although i have lost a couple of stone this year but still no light weight at 15ish stone :facepalm: :oops: but i'd also read these limited travel forks are quite reasonable over the light trail's but when new come with cheap chinese grease that tends to be a bit klumpy n sticky and tends to thicken up in the cold weather ..

How good these actual forks will be i dunno as i've not ridden them properly due to them having a really slow rebound hence why i wanted to service them but their suppose to have around 70mm of travel from what i understand ..

Been holding off on taking this one out due to the steerer not really being long enough for the frame- i used a headlock on it which would probably rule out any issues (only one of the clamps attaches) but rather than risk anything will see whether my ally forks are any better. If not I'm waiting on the adapter to arrive to refit the carbons, assuming I got the right adapter. I'd like to spend a couple of hours on it today really...

Ouch! that light reflecting off the cooker n cupboards is seriously bright :shock: but other than waiting for the adapter the 200 looks pretty cool imo although i think the other forks are more suited to the frame these look alot more robust than expected and probably look alot nicer fitted without the background glare ..

This one should be easier on the eye:

2016-10-25_02-33-18 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Fork wise I'm hoping to get the nasty eBay ones on still eventually. One way or another these won't be the long term solution, as nice as they are.

Anyway, maiden voyage complete. No major issues, though the front mech didn't want to downshift too much. Other than that all well bike wise- my legs were the issue!

Those forks certainly look alot better in the daylight although they don't suit as well as straight forks tbh due to the angular frame design so the nasty ebay one's should look better tbh although these would suit the 300 better due to it's down tube material ..

So just a query how does the mini pump fair in use as i have one some where and i tell you it needs to people to use the darn thing as it's that stiff it's unreal and so your front mech wasn't down shifting very well hmm! which is either 1 of 3 things at least which are ;

1,weak spring .
2,sticking cable .
3,sticking pivot point .

Well their the main things i'd check over and sorry you had leg issue's although mine tend to be chest pains so if we could half our troubles between us life would be a lot sweeter ;)..

Pump is ok- I use a floor standing thing inside the house so it's just there if I need it. Nothing amazing but does the job.

Agree on the forks but wanted to get it out to test- will see how this adapter works as love the look of the cheapo ones- they match the frame really well imo.

I suspect its the spring on the mech- it's an xtr that came with the bike so no idea what life it has had. Will have a play at some point - I've a spare that will work/fit but it isn't as pretty as the xtr!

Back