2009 5.2 Rockrider hack .

Thanks again mate ;) and i won't be altering the brake cable outers atm as i've got some more handle bars to go on which have a shallow rise but i need to get another handlebar stem as the one i've got on atm is to small at 24.5mm to fit the new bars so when i've got another handlebar stem
then i can finalize the set up .

Yes i know it's unusual to run left-front right-rear in the UK with the brakes but i tend to prefer it that way as every bike i've owned with the usual set up i've ended up swapping it round the other way as it just feels more natural to me mate :shock: ;) ..

I refitted the original handelbar stem today so i could fit my new handelbars and grips and i must admit having slightly wider bars on with the slight rise does feel alot more comfortable and the the bike is alot more easier to control but i still want to fit a longer stem or i might just settle for a 100mm 0 degree rise .

me%20bike%20029_zps4u8ccjvq.jpg

me20bike20025_zpsrk5rnemw.jpg

here20again2020008_zpsamhllxdz.jpg

here%20again%20%20012_zpslgptoy15.jpg

me20bike20yep20019_zpsjkbtl7ln.jpg

me20bike20yep20012_zpsk5hydyyn.jpg

Re:

It is so easy to just go out and buy a new bike, but like you I have had so much fun this summer fixing up Coyote Ugly. Even though the total expense is going to be in the £350 bracket by the time I am done I don't believe that I would have got a bike as good for the money.

More importantly I have learnt/re-learnt so much that the cost becomes secondary. I am now about to add wheel building to that experience :shock: .

Keep up the good work, you never know we might meet up on the trails some time as I head West on the TransPennineTrail with you heading East :cool: .

@davidj,

Thank you for your compliments and encouragement david and although your right about it being all to easy to go out and buy a new bike i couldn't afford to do that so my plan was to just get a a small amount of cash together and just buy a cheap bso to just pootle about on every now and again but i spotted this Rockrider going for next nothing on the bay even though from the description of the seller i doubted it was usable and after i'd eventually got round to replacing a few parts i realised i'd got alot more to sort out then i 1st imagined as the wheels that i was going to have trued had worn out rims and the gears were totaled as was the rear mech hanger .

Even the ends of the handelbars were badly bashed so all in all the only parts of the bike i'd got for my purchase price was the frameset and hadelbar stem and saddle crankset and bb although i wasn't keen on the crankset so that's been ditched to in favour for an old shimano one from a previous bike but i must admit that what was just going to be a quick make do purchase went out the window as soon as i started tinkering with parts :facepalm: :LOL: .

Yes i agree it would be great to meet up some time but unfortunately i've got alot on atm but maybe in a few weeks time if that's okay with you ? ..

Re:

Sounds good, I used to live in Hyde and cycled over the Pennines many times to South Yorkshire. It would be good to have an excuse to do it from this side :).

Hi mate, yes we'll certainly have to do this but i think i'm going to swat up on some map reading before we do this as i've never been on this route before and by the way how long did it take you last time as i don't have the slightest idea how long it will take me as i'm probably no where near as fit as you are so i'll have to allow myself a bit extra travelling time and set off earlier than yourself .

This project is currently stripped down originally due to being sold off last year as parts and frameset but i never got round to it but now it's going to get a new lease of life as a hack bike just as soon as i get my Raleigh finished off so hopefully that will be this week :roll: ..

I just thought i'd mention that the purple cable outers and grip's won't be finding their way back onto this build as the Mr's put a claim on them some time ago :facepalm: so if any one has got any day glow coloured cables and grips they'd willingly give away to a worthy project then it would be hugely appreciated if they can pm me with their kind offer :LOL: ..

Just joking although the dayglow idea hmm! or maybe just some white :roll: ..

Back