sunn urge comp 1999

Re:

The weight is a little over 10.5 but final wheigt will be under with an ultegra cassette and maxis tubes. Maybe i will put 11/23.

Re:

Yes, just a little ride today because there is a problem with the 12T start ring : not possible with the frame :eek:op

The cassette is 12/13/14/15/17+19/21+24+27

If I want to add a 11T start ring which ring should I removed ?

a pic from the bike :

Very nice :) good job (y) see you have a short cage xtr rear mech.. if you haven't already, you could shorten the chain further and never go big ring front and bigger ones rear.. saves you another 15 gram ;-) Like that fork, but will look for a Ritchey one myself.. happy riding

Re:

biocandy":lu9ne08w said:
Very nice :) good job (y) see you have a short cage xtr rear mech.. if you haven't already, you could shorten the chain further and never go big ring front and bigger ones rear.. saves you another 15 gram ;-) Like that fork, but will look for a Ritchey one myself.. happy riding

Hello,

The dura ace 12/27 fits finally great with my maxe frame so I will probably put ultegra 11/23 on the urge, maybe it will be good with the short cage rear mech.

I never go big rings front and rear ;)

What is the difference with ritchey fork ?

the grigrips are on another bike with grey handlebar ;)

Re:

If you're that worried about weight, maybe a slotted chain and a Flite saddle would help. Also, what wheels and tyres are you running? Can't make them out in the photos

Also, what was wrong with the 12t D/A sprocket?
Be careful with that D/A alloy lockring ! They chew up if you're not careful

Mike ;)

Re:

Mike Muz 67":167vyxrl said:
If you're that worried about weight, maybe a slotted chain and a Flite saddle would help. Also, what wheels and tyres are you running? Can't make them out in the photos

Also, what was wrong with the 12t D/A sprocket?
Be careful with that D/A alloy lockring ! They chew up if you're not careful

Mike ;)

Hello Mike,

I'm not too worried about wheight otherwise I shoudld started with myself before the bike :LOL:

The saddle is already a flite titanium, on the photo the wheels are m950 hubs/ mavic x517 36h (because of my 92 kg), the tyres are hutchinson toro 26*2.15 and the tubes are btwinn.

the final wheels will be xtr m960 hubs / mavic x517 36h with porbably MICHELIN WILD GRIP'R 2X2.10 and michelin tubes.

Maybe it will be lighter but if not, no big deal.

On the urge, the problem with the 12t is that the chain touches the frame when it's on small rear ring and big front ring. No problem with the maxe frame :D

Latest posts

Back