No longer a pepper grinder.

Right, here she is. I picked up the stickers yesterday afternoon, on the way back from the bike shop after facing the bottom bracket shell and headtube.

I wanted to use the yellow ones, but the ink was too thin and when applied over the red frame they turned orange. I hope to grab some better yellow ones next week, white will do for now.

I built the thing up last night, but it was late so didn't test ride or take any pics, so to make up for that I shot same decent ones this afternoon. It was a bit wet&windy outside, so did a little shoot indoors.

I'm very happy with the outcome, and after riding it into town to 'show-and-tell' in the LBS, they agree it looks great.

The hose guides now look spot on.

Vast improvement. :)

Yeah here here, that's what counts at end of the day!

Shame on most that hide away their niche builds lol.
I have been a criminal of this at times mind but suspect worst offenders on this site for sure.

Cheers guys, Ive been out on it quite a bit these last couple of weeks, and Ive given in to the temptation of the dropper post. Yet another bike it has transformed, its like taking two bikes on a ride. :)

Took a good camera out with me on this evenings ride, and a flash gun and got a couple of pics in the dark.

BTW, the cable routing for the dropper is perfect, and the addition of the hope seatclamp compliments it perfectly.

:)

So, I've spent the most part of the winter riding this, but since getting the new Lynskey I haven't ridden the Curtis much. Its still my wet weather choice tho, so might not get much use with all this good weather. :/

Last week, I spotted a pair of trashed Rockshox recons on the scrap pile out the back of the LBS, it was the lockout mechanism I was interested in. I nabbed them, and this is the whole assembly I wanted:-

It needed a few new seals, and it was cheaper to order them in packs of tens rather than a service kit. The actual lockout lever is a cheap plastic part, I wonder if an aluminium part from a pricier fork will fit?

Top exploring bike, the tubeless makes it feel indestructible even over broken glass and through derelict ares.

And an odd shot from my fone, impromptu rear light one evening.

:)

great thread and a lovely resto.

good to hear a v positive review of the Trail Kings, I've been umming and aahing a bit about getting some for winter, no doubts now. I may even go tubeless too *gulp*

Latest posts

Back