Blue Ringle Bubba wheelset

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Ringle Bubba hubs front and rear, in blue.

I bought these 3 years ago and have not used them at all - not even installed them on a bike. As with so many other bloody things, they have sat in the studio looking pretty.

They were a pre-emptive buy for when I got myself a Yeti - but this has never materialised and is looking unlikely to in the near future.

In the meantime I am having quite a major clear-out and focusing on only keeping bits I am going to use on bikes, with the rather revolutionary idea that I might put the studio to its intended purpose as a workspace, not a bike store (I already have two of the spare bedrooms for that purpose...)

Anyway:

These are the early ones ('90-'91 ish).

Rear is freewheel not cassette, and includes the 6 speed freewheel currently fitted which seems to have plenty of life left.

If you want to run 7 speed, unscrew the block and fit your new one on.

It is not recommended running 8 speed with these hubs, as it places too much stress on the axle.

The hubs are laced into RaceTech rims, which I think were a small independent British co. of the time, and are square shouldered rolled jobbies.

Link to original ad here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=ringle

Please PM me an email address for more pics and I shall have them through to you tonight.

I paid £150 for these all those years ago, so would like the same back.

Possibly up for swaps to help me finish other builds, so fire away any offers etc.

Cheers for now,
BB

Please note, that whilst these wheels are unused by myself, they were used by the previous owner. They are in very good condition, but don't be thinking I'm suggesting they're NOS!

Back