1994 Kona kilauea 19" (C - T) splitting all must go.

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ok after getting my Hammer back up and running I'm not really in the mood to deal with my kilauea.
(plus having 2 rigid steel bikes is a bit greedy, plus the GF shouted at me too :( )

I did make the mistake of lending this to a friend last year and it has accrued some minor damage through his carelessness, none to the frame though -specifically the seat post gouged by a powertool!( how - i mean how! Anyway the seat post is not for sale anyway it's going in the bin) and the control center lock nut - clamp cracked. There is a lesson in there somewhere :(

1994 model (Tange prestige concept tubing) in good condition there are a few pain chips and cable rub's and it has been used so is not pristine.
wholebike.jpg

First up the frame & forks. Sold as frame, forks, headset and bottom bracket. good condition no cracks or damage paint is good - some paint scratches/chips, chain slap and paint rub but otherwise tidy and thoroughly usable. 19" Center to top of the seat tube and 23" effective top tube center to center.

frameschainseatstays.jpg

Frame-seat.jpg

Frameheadforks.jpg

And borked headset lock nut.
brokelockring.jpg

£155 posted for it all (with the appropriate level of packing and insurance) (£130 if you feel up to collecting from East London)

125mm by 1" velocity quill stem
velocitystem.jpg

£22.50 posted

pair of wheels

LX front laced to mavic 230 SBP rim (QR lever has some rust)
XT rear laced to 231 including a good condition XT cassette
includes inner tubes and A good A drive and worn B drive(some cracking/perishing on both) both could do with a true up
WheelsDrive.jpg

wheelsnondrive.jpg

£85 posted

XT M737 long cage rear mech, good condition, bottom jockey has been replaced with purple ("as was the fashion at the time")
rearmech.jpg

£25 posted

LX 28.6 bottom pull front mech good condition

£15 posted

chainsetfrontmech.jpg

Sugino Impell 500 chainset, scuffed but solid chain rings are in good condition.

£22.50 posted

X lite Alto pro 1 (IIRC) bar ends - titanium colour
Good condition no damage

£15 posted

Suntour XC pro thumbshifters VGC shift flawlessly
rearthumb.jpg

Frontthumb.jpg

£30 posted

Complete set of Kona brakes - 2 set's of cantis, Kool stop red pad's (worn) and Kona brake levers, levers are VGC cantis are a bit tired looking - could do with a clean as it's mostly cosmetic tarnishing. (see pics above)
£25 posted

Happy to combine for postage and stuff make an offer if you think my prices are ridiculous or such (are they right?)

I know how you feel.

Anyway bump on the wheels, drive train , stem, bar ends and brakes.

Back