FS Original Marin Pine Mountain 1992 / 1993 REDUCED

aldfort

Retro Newbie
Timewarp classic in totally original unrestored condition.
The only thing not original on this bike is the Madison gel saddle which dates from 1995.

Original Shimano Deore XT Groupset
Original Mavic Rims with double butted SS spokes, Deore XT hubs and the original Marin Kevlar bead tyres.
Original frame not repainted 17.5 inch seat tube 21 inch top tube.
Original stem, bars and seatpost. (even the Richley grips are original)
Crudcatcher (1995 vintage)
Sigma bike computer (about 1993 vintage)
Original Marin owners manual and original Shimano instructions for the groupset.
Some Shimano tools for the cranks etc.

PM me for more pictures or if you have questions.

I'm looking for £400 - buyer collects or I'll deliver if you are local to me.[/b]

Attachments

• Month 03 011.jpg
    Month 03 011.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,497
ooh that does look nice. welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale.

Hi Lewis

Thanks for the reply. I've not ridden this bike in years and it just seemed such a shame to see it gathering dust in the back of the garage. TBH it's only recently I've been able to think of parting with it.

Nowadays my only riding is confined to a crossover and is mostly on the roads. The Marin was the peak of my Mountain Biking phase and shortly after I got it I had an accident (not on the bike!!) which put paid to using it as it should be used.

BTW I have a small toolbox with original "Mint Sauce" stickers which I'll throw in with the tools. :)

that is lovely, i may well have seen you on the trails around Cardiff if thats where you were back in 92/93+? I'd have been on my Ravine then or very briefly the Odyssey (it was stolen pretty quick!) always hankered after a nice Marin or Kona and still can't afford this one!! but again its a damn site more bike than you'd get in Halfords for the same money and who needs 27gears anyway?? 21 was always enough for me and 24 is just luxury!

baj":147rquvt said:
that is lovely, i may well have seen you on the trails around Cardiff if thats where you were back in 92/93+? I'd have been on my Ravine then or very briefly the Odyssey (it was stolen pretty quick!) always hankered after a nice Marin or Kona and still can't afford this one!! but again its a damn site more bike than you'd get in Halfords for the same money and who needs 27gears anyway?? 21 was always enough for me and 24 is just luxury!

Yep - was a bit hardcore in those days even if a bit too old even then! Used the trails around the Vale a lot and often Caerphilly Rudry way as well.
It just seems a shame to ride this old girl on the roads when she can do so much more! Be great to see somebody who still can using it in anger. She's been sat in the garage for too long!!

i lived near the Wenalt so was up there a lot, Castell Coch, the Ridgeway, Caerphilly mountain, Rudry and the common sometimes too..

good luck with the sale matey it looks super clean, i'd certainly relieve you of it if fundage was not a problem! although why not keep it and take it out on your old haunts?! ;)

Back