MOUNTAIN CYCLE SAN ANDREAS FOR SALE - £595

sportline cab

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone. Unfortunately this for sale post is my first which is not meant to annoy, but I thought it best to advertise my bike to others who may appreciate what it is! I'm hardly a guru however, so bear with me and the description....

As the title says it is a San Andreas circa mid '90s I think. I wanted one of these badly as a teen in the 90's but could never ever afford one of these machines.

Both the frame and the swing arm are polished finish. The rear shock is a Stratos TR1 - I don't think its orginal. I was going to upgrade it someday. For its age its in very good condition with just two dents either side of the main tube, just behind the head tube, where triple clamp RST Mozo XXXL upside down forks were fitted when I bought it.

The forks are virtually brand new condition Rock Shox Pike 426 with motion control, pop lock and adjustable travel/damping. I renewed the forks because the front end was too jacked up for me with the RSTs and they were leaking oil on to the front brakes!! The Rock Shox are the best forks I've ever had albeit little used.

The groupset is mainly shimano LX (rear mech and chainset) and XT (rapid fire shifters and front mech). The brakes are pretty beefy and expensive looking retro Hope hydraulic with massive anodized red hubs. All the pads were replaced recently. The rims are very dark bronze Mavic SUP D521 although the front one looks like it saw service with V brakes before the discs were fitted. The tyres are Tioga DH 2.3 f and r specific.

Since my ownership, other than the forks, I have put on a race face aheadset stem and matching bar with Specialized grips. The headset itself is a Ritchey Logic. The seat post is alloy but nothing special as far as I can make out. I was going to get a better one - one day.... The seat is a Setlaz DH type and the pedals are DMR flatties with the grease port.

This is a nice bike and still looks great today. I don't really want to sell it, but I don't use it, have a baby on the way, and can't help thinking that I'll be a bit old when he's old enough to ride himself!! :oops:

I will include the upside-down polished/anodized red RSTs should you want them. They work fine but need seals I think. Viewing/riding is recommended and I don't want to split it up really. Taking into account what each bit is worth I'd say £595 is a fair price - I could always keep it and face the wrath of my wife!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Thanks for looking, Gareth

I have tried, but unfortunately as I am new to this forum, it wont let me upload any pics. I have tried!! :( But I can email them individually.

get a photobucket account, I can never figure out how to upload here either bud :LOL:
that way all you have to do is copy and paste the pics url once you have uploaded them there ;)

G

Thats what I tried to do, the bike album is sat on photobucket, but I wasnt able to put the URL address' on. Maybe once I have made a few more posts I will be able to!

Latest posts

Back