97 Kona Kilauea frame + tb fork SOLD

baj

Senior Retro Guru
18" 97 Kona Kilauea Columbus Nivacrom Cyber frame complete with original grey triple butted fork for sale. In pretty good, but not mint, condition. All decals appear to be intact (small nick out of one of the downtube 'Kona') some chips and mild chainsuck but no dents and the loveliest springy steel ride you expect from a top end tube set puts a smile on your face every time.. includes very low mileage UN52 bb and the all important seatcollar!

I am sure I will regret this having hankered after one for apx half my life but 4mths on the dole is taking its toll and I need to raise some cash so building a cheaper bike and slowly clearing the cave.

offers around £199 posted in the UK, better photos up shortly and detailed shots available on request...

03042010579.jpg

03042010580.jpg

03042010583.jpg

03042010590-1.jpg

03042010588.jpg

03042010591.jpg

having issues with photobucket not uploading so photos from readers rides <1997 in lieu of the ones i took today!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=kilauea

frame is in good used condition, a fair few chips, bit of chainsuck scrub but straight and no dents.

for the money you get frame, forks, very low miles UN52 bb and seat collar. I am keeping everything else for now but may be available shortly..

- KiS, I'd like to as I love the thing but needs must unfortunately.. you watch, i'll get a bl**dy job next week and be looking to buy it back again! I thought i'd put this up first as most likely to sell quickest?

finally got photos up but after all that they are ... ermm not great! will take some better ones ASAP.. :oops:

sell all the stuff in the background Baj and keep the fantastic looking bike. ;)

....take it out for a ride in the hills/forrest and it'll change your mind.
I'd buy it off you if it fitted me.

Come on peeps, this is a fab frame/fork combo!

What's the top tube length, c-c and effective? I could be tempted...Though it is probably too small :( This tubeset makes this, in my HO, the nicest riding steel Kona of the lot! I sold one like this , but 20", to Agency Scum. It was beautiful, but just too big for me... :x

I mean

Sorry I was in a rush, meant to say I'll take it please!

(Been after a Kilauea within means for 7 years, if no-one has bagged it I'd be over the moon)

Cheers,

Daren

Back