97 Cannondale F500 Cad2 (Large)

Redpoint510

Dirt Disciple
Hi all!

Up for sale is my 97 Cannondale F500 in great condition. Size is large, I am 6'2" and it fits me very well. I purchased this bike from a friend who had nearly no miles on it and had it hanging in his garage for 12 years without being ridden. The frame is in near mint condition with zero dents, cracks, or bends and nearly flawless paint. Front fork is a Headshock MC50 in good working order. I bought this bike to be a rail trail type of bike and rode it all winter long putting on around 500 miles with zero problems using the stock 7 speed group. I had planned to continue upgrading the bike this spring with a different color paint and an XTR 9 speed group but I recently found something different and have decided to go in another direction. This is bike was handmade in PA. Below is the current component list.

Frame: Cad2 F500 Aluminum
Fork: Headshock MC50
Stem: Cannondale Headshock 140mm and 0 rise ( I purchased a shorter and very rare KORE stem but never installed. I will include in the sale for a $30 )
Cranks: Shimano Acera 175mm triples.
Chain: SRAM 7/8spd ( Purchased new when I picked up the bike )
Pedals: Currently the bike has no pedals on it but I will include Wellgo mtn. pedals with cages and straps in new condition.
Brakes: Paul Moto BMX V-Brakes. ( These are the same as Paul Motolites with slightly more pad adjustment area. Fronts are black and rears are red. I was going for a trick color scheme )
Levers: Paul Love Levers.
Bars: Cannondale Coda aluminum flat bars.
Grips: Stock Gripshift grips.
Shifters: Gripshift 7 spd.
Barends: Coda.
Seatpost: 400mm Woodman 27.2.
Seatpost Clamp: Woodman.
Rims: Sun TL 18 F+R.
Hubs: Shimano Acera.
Skewers: Ringle.
Derailleurs: Shimano Acera F+R ( Rear derailleur has Bullseye sealed pulleys installed by me )
King stainless bottle cage.
Seat: Selle San Marco Ponza.
Tires: Generic Matirx in great condition.

I realize this is an older Cannondale however it is in amazing condition and is not at all abused. I feel the price is very fair considering its vintage, condition, and spec. Nearly all Cannondale's as of this year are no longer made in the US. Only a select few very high end bikes are made here, the rest are now made overseas.

The brakes alone retail for $366 and are far better quality and functionality than even XTR. The brakes were new as of this Fall and are like new. The seatpost is $45 and clamp is another $15 and the King cage is $20.

The group on the bike is great for its age with little signs of wear and it has shifted very well with no adjustments since I brought it home.

My asking price is $550.00 firm as it sits. I will sell it for less without the Paul brakes, Woodman post and clamp, and King cage. I will replace the brakes with Shimano V brakes and replace the post and clamp with the stock models. The bike with downgraded parts is $350. I will surely listen to offers but please don't lowball. This isn't a generic Trek 44whatever with all junk parts. Even though the Acera stuff is a low end group its still better quality than its modern day counterparts and is an easy upgrade if you desire. I also have the original canti cable hangers that will go with the bike in case you would want to go with period canti's.

I have many more pics available to email. My contact is redpoint510@hotmail.com and I am located in Easton, PA 18045. Will ship at buyers expense, professionally packed by a shop. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Back