MANITOU FORKS, PACE ALLOY STEERER, DMR V8s - Prices reduced

Wheelnut

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Alloy Pace steerer.
This is 1 1/8" dia and 175mm long (excluding the section that goes in the fork crown casting.) A new steel steerer costs £25 so this alloy one is surely worth £12 posted

I would happily exchange or p/ex for a longer Pace steerer tube (min 240mm)

Manitou SX forks dating from around 1999 (I think).
Seem to be in decent nick but then I know bugger-all about suspension forks. They were on my 21" Orange C16-R but I immediately swopped them for some rigid forks. Steerer is 1" threaded and 182mm long.
£28 posted or £20 collected (South Oxon).

DMR V8 pedals.
Paint is scruffy but bearings are fine. £12 posted

Attachments

• paceSteerer.jpg
    paceSteerer.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 891
  • ManitouSX.jpg
    ManitouSX.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 891
  • ManitSX.jpg
    ManitSX.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 891
  • dmrV8.jpg
    dmrV8.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 891
Sunday evening bump - or perhaps that should be double-bump...

Attachments

• 11614bump.jpg
    11614bump.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 730
Whats the length of the threaded part of the Manitou steerer please mate?

Just wondering if it will be long enough with the threaded part chopped off.

Also whats the compression and rebound like and is there any play in the stanchions?

Don't see why you shouldn't fit an Ahead type stem onto the threaded portion as it's the same 1 inch diameter as the rest of the steerer tube.

Stanchions look in perfect condition. I took these forks apart purely out of curiosity to see how they worked and couldn't see anything that looked in bad shape. Everything looked practically new inside.

The bike they were on, an Orange C16R, was/is in showroom condition as the previous owner, who had it from new, hardly used it. He also bought these forks new. I refitted the original rigid forks as I wanted to use the C16R as a heavy-duty touring bike.

The forks do feel a bit scrunchy when you push down on them but that could be because I haven't refilled the damping side with oil as I didn't have any of the correct type.

Back