1991 Alpinestars Cro-MegaDX E-Stay - SOLD!!

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, quite a tough one this, but I've decided to move the old Cro-MegaDX E-stay on to a more deserving home. I have a couple :roll: of projects on the go at the moment, and it's just getting a bit silly here, so one of the complete bikes has to go.

Sold to me as a 17.5", I've measured it at 18" c-c, and at 6'2 it was the right size for me, and should be really for anyone a few inches either side of that.

Really good original condition for a bike that's 19years young now (thats 127 or something in bike-years!! lol :LOL: ) and only a couple of additions from factory spec - XT front Mech, and original retro Onza bar ends. The rest of the groupset is factory DX, circa '91, and the wheels are original Ritchey Vantage rims, DX hubs and Original tyres to boot. The last owner had it from new and this really shows.
Some pics:

Retrobikes028.jpg

Retrobikes018.jpg

Retrobikes023.jpg

CroMegaDX_31_1_10001.jpg

If you want any more pics, please do feel free to ask, I've got nothing to hide. I originally bought this Cro-Mega with a Flite-Ti saddle, but I have replaced that with a standard factory A-star saddle, which isn't in the best of conditions, but it certainly doesn't hurtyour bum! :LOL:

I have swapped the original stem too, as it had snapped at the mounting bolt (I still have it, and can include it in the sale) and the bike now sports a '90 spec Alpinestars stem, so it is still in keeping with a A-star. :)

Gears and brakes all work perfectly, as expected. No pedals supplied, as I only own one pair :oops:

Steve

Saturday night ttt,

Not a single bit of interest, am I way off with the asking price?
Steve

GT-Steve":26wxabtt said:
Saturday night ttt,

Not a single bit of interest, am I way off with the asking price?
Steve

Just sold mine which was practically identical - £200

Thats what I paid, thats what I got back !! Miss it already though :?

ok, penultimate chance, before it either:
a) goes on the 'bay :cry:
b) gets split for parts :cry: :cry:

Steve

Back