1994/95 SWorks FSR frame + parts

Hermit

Retro Guru
1994/95 Sworks FSR Frame

Plus seatpost/saddle, BB, original Alp4R and spare Alp5(?) shock, and full NOS set of bushes and pivots.

Please note this is just for the frame and listed parts, the photo of the bike with forks and wheels is so you can judge the size for yourself.

Size:
BB to top of seat tube 19 inches
BB to top of top tube 16 inches
Top tube, centre to centre 22 inches
Headtube 4.25 inches - 1 and 1/8th
Standover height, as in the photo, is 29 inches

Although it's 16 inches to the top tube it does tend to look and build up larger, I'm 5'10" and it was fine for me but probably not for someone shorter?

The rear shock on it is an Alp5R originally from a Cannondale and works fine, the original Alp4R works ok but has wear on it, and I got the longer spare to try and use for any parts for servicing. The main pivot has play which showed up last time I serviced it a couple of years ago, so I got a NOS bush/pivot kit but never got around to fitting it - a simple job but lots of parts to it. The frame has some chips to the paint, wear to some of the stickers, but no dents.

FSRwithwheels.jpg

The following is what is for sale (not including canti brakes)

FSR01.jpg

FSR04.jpg

FSR03.jpg

FSR05.jpg

FSRbearingset02.jpg

All for £145 posted

The other parts in the first photo - wheels and forks will be for sale soon, wheels are LX M550 7 speed on Mavic M231, excellent condition, and the forks are Rock Shox Mag 21SL's, good condition, work fine but laquer peeling by dropouts.

Monday morning bump ... a stumpjumper, not SWorks, one of these sold on German ebay recently for over €200, so this will be off to ebay soon if no interest here??

:)

How long is the replacement Cannondale shock? Looks long but not too long to me.

Would be interested in the pivot set if you would like to sell those separately.

If it goes on to eBay, please post the link here :)

DoctorRad .. the shock from the cannondale, the Alp5R, which is on the bike is the same length as the original Alp4R - 145mm eye to eye, can't remember which model cannondale it was from though as I got it a couple of years ago.

I had 2 sets of bush kits but sold one and the other will go with the frame as there is play in the main pivot and they seem to be impossible to get now?

Hermit":qh37qmk3 said:
DoctorRad .. the shock from the cannondale, the Alp5R, which is on the bike is the same length as the original Alp4R - 145mm eye to eye, can't remember which model cannondale it was from though as I got it a couple of years ago.

I had 2 sets of bush kits but sold one and the other will go with the frame as there is play in the main pivot and they seem to be impossible to get now?

Cannondale Fox Shox from this era are either 135mm - as turned up on eBay recently - or 145mm. The original FSR shock was 140mm, but a 145mm will work okay, just raise the BB height a little.

Yeah, I wouldn't know where to source a rod and bush kit these days. Would probably be easier to find a tame CNCer to turn you some in a decent steel. The aluminium alloy ones, whilst considerably lighter, just don't hold up well in UK conditions.

Hermit:

I am actually interested in buying this, but you need to reply to your messages chap, otherwise I can't help you...

;)

Back