lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
19" 1993 marin bobcat trail. bought recently for a friend but he has since found himself something more suited to his requirements.

first off, the bad bits. the paint is a mess. the bike has clearly led a hard life. the bottom bracket was seized and heat was used to remove it. upon removal it was clear the threads were shot. the bottom bracket in there now is a clever little unit that secures into itself rather than the frame,.

as mentioned the bike was a wreck but mike(f350) has gone through it and replaced a lot of stuff with good, used stuff from our sheds.

new bottom bracket, good used stx rear mech (possibly front?) and chainset, replaced brakes ([plenty of pad) .wheels replaced with sunn rims/shimano hubs, tyres replaced. ri9tchey logic levers, replacement saddle and post (cheers longun, i owe you a beer)headset has been cleaned and regreased. cables have been replaced.

basically it is ready to ride as is. mike did jus tthat on sunday and it rode beautifully.

it could easily be made lovely once again with a new headset and a paintjob. if it doesnt sell i will do that myself then stick it on ebay as a minter (with knackered bb threads)

2zo9282.jpg

2n69h6t.jpg

looking for £75 plus 10 post. like i say, ready to ride

i am as ever open to offers on this. could very much do with it gone

Back