1989 Muddy Fox Courier & Puch Roadster

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm having a clear-out on behalf of my Dad. First up is the Muddy Fox, it was bought for me in 1991 second-hand and I've had it ever since. I don't think it has been ridden since 1997! The transmission was upgraded to 21 speed, the axles to quick release and the rear derailler and stem replaced. The seatpost is missing, but if memory serves is a 26.2mm item. Last time I was in AW Cycles they had seaposts in this size for £13. The bike is very tired and needs a complete overhaul, the frame is 17". £45 ono.

The Puch was bought for my Mum, but at 21" it is just too big. You can see a few bits are missing, but the chrome is good. It has a 3-speed Sturmey Archer hub - phwoar! £40 ono.

The bikes are for collection from Wool, Dorset. If you send me a PM I'll send you my Dad's number. He's currently overhauling his 1991 Marin Bear Valley and needs a bottom bracket, set of shifters and a rear mech, if you have these, you might be able to do a trade-off against the bikes!

SP

Attachments

• Muddy_Fox.JPG
    Muddy_Fox.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,700
  • Puch.JPG
    Puch.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,700
Id wack the puch on ebay if i was you mate... you'll get loads of interest... ive been selling a few of my bikes off and its allways the womens and dutch bikes that get all the interest... that and fixies... or anything with fixie or SS in the title lol :LOL:

I'll probably put them both on eBay at the weekend if there is no interest here. As I said on the description, the price is negotiable.

SP

Anybody? The old Muddy Fox has been threatened with a trip to the tip by my Dad a few times, but I convinced him that somebody in RetroBIKE land would give it a good home :cry:

chris667":3ljl1lhl said:
I really like that Muddy Fox. Would make a brilliant tourer for someone who wasn't too tall.

aside from the 'not too tall' comment, (which i am ignoring as I am a tall chap...I am resisting the urge to bag that MF for my field of dreams MF team at MM 10. The thing stopping me currently, is that I'm not sure I can be arsed to go through with it. :roll:

400mm seatpost...... :D

Go on, you know you want it.... just think, a modern Schwalbe tyre costs as much as this bike and the cruddy, I mean Muddy Fox already has two tyres, I'd be like buying a tyre and getting a whole bike free! The thumb shifters and U-brake have got to be worth £25! Look at those hugely eccentric chainrings, that's class that is. It's only had one careful owner, then me for the last 19 years. :oops:

SP (with his used car salesmen's hat on)

Is nobody going to make an offer on the Muddy Fox? I could probably bring it to the Chilterns meet - see South East section.

Latest posts

Back