Titanium Raleigh Dynatech MT3 - complete bike (XT/LX) £200

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Having bought this as a Christmas present for myself from Sidewinder, I didn't expect to be selling it for some time, but not being able to resist the Mongoose for sale on the forum, needs must, and quickly.

The (17 inch - c-c is 16.5 inches, c-t 17.5 inches.) frame and forks are in showroom/immaculate condition, with a couple of tiny chips only. No chainsuck, no cable rub, absolutely immaculate. Frame is made of titanium main tubes bonded by aluminium lugs to the cro-mo rear triangle. The forks, also in immaculate condition are Reynolds-mangmoly and straight bladed, which are a descent set, much better than the standard forks that these bikes generally came with.

The bike is kitted out with:

• XT 7 speed STI brake/gear levers
    XT (M739 I think) front mech
    XT (M739 I think( rear mech
    XT headset
    LX (black) canti brakes with LX canti-block holders and new blocks
    LX (immaculate) chainset with standard 5-arm spider (can also supply an XT chainring/spider that would be perfect for the arms for a small fee)
    Weinmann BCX-1 front wheel and Weinmann BCX-2 rear wheel (Norba 93 champion version) laced to LX (I was told they were but they have no decals) Parallax hubs. Wheels could do with a trueing. Include an 8 speed casette, though bear in mind that the shifters are 7 speed (this is how the wheels came)
    Panaracer Smoke and Dart tyres (tubes and rim tape included)
    Syncros stem - immaculate, with a bit of an s missing on one side only
    Bars are generic, with some mushroom style grips
    Seatpost is a race face with an old-style SDG saddle
    7 speed chain included
    VP flat pedals

Looking for what I paid only - £200 posted to your door.

Basically this is a whole bike that is ready to ride (once you set up the brakes and gears). I had a whole host of plans for it, but now that the Mongoose is on my radar, I won't have the time, space or money, though, for an additional fee, I have some mint XT cantis (£35) that I bought for this build that are no longer needed by me (yet).

I've added some pics to this post, but there are more to be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37025789@N06/sets/72157623371406414/

If you have any questions or want more pics, let me know.

For info on the wheels, see post:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86693&highlight=bcx

I'd be willing to split the build if I get a buyer for the frame and wheels, as the main reason for selling is space, and I already have too many of both.

Ian

Attachments

• mt3-rim-front.JPG
    mt3-rim-front.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,990
  • mt3-hub-front.JPG
    mt3-hub-front.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,990
  • mt3-right-full.jpg
    mt3-right-full.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,990
That's what I thought when I bought it for £200 posted, but like you, I don't have the room/need to make room for a Mongoose/Amp.

I've had some interest in the frame/forks but would prefer to keep together as will be easier to post. If no interest in the whole bike, will be happy to split as have a potential buyer for the frame. Need to sell asap as Mongoose/Amp deal is done, and I don't want to leave anything out in the garden.

I know you'd rather sell complete but I am VERY interested in that seatpost, can you confirm size?

cheers
matt

I'd happily take more that £200, it is just what I paid for it a month or so ago and would not want to be seen to be profiteering from fellow retrobikers, though donations on top of value happily received :D

Back