FS: '92 Alpinestars Al-Mega frameset 19 inch

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Okay...I've been spurred on by selling some of my other items. I bought this to satisfy my e-stay curiosity but now I have it I really don't think I've the time to give it the love it deserves, especially as I'm happily riding 3 other bikes! So it's up for grabs...

Frame is a '92 model and 19" c to c as mentioned above, and so has the reinforcement gusset on the headtube - so no cracking mishaps all being well! Structually the frame is absolutely perfect, straight with no dents or cracks, the only minor faults in that sense are a light scuff into the metal on the top tube (so slight it won't picture) and a slightly loose rivet on one of the top tube cable stops...should be an easy fix though. The often broken front mech tab is also fine and the mech hanger is still there. As can be seen in the pics the frame is very chipped will need refinishing cosmetically, be it a repaint or strip and polishing. Frame comes with original rigid fork, headset, smooth UN51 bottom bracket and rear cable guide. Seatpost, stem and bars are also thrown in...they're all a bit tatty but useable :)

All this lot for £70 posted in the UK. Paypal gift, bank transfers all good, in fact anything apart from Zimbabwean dollars will do ;)

Attachments

• alpinestars 001.jpg
    alpinestars 001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,065
  • alpinestars 002.jpg
    alpinestars 002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • alpinestars 003.jpg
    alpinestars 003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,065
I'd buy this :roll: if I just had some space in the garage, but at the moment it's completely rammed full.

If it's still around in a couple of months, let me know, and I'll have it.
Steve

GT-Steve":1xbbhvwn said:
I'd buy this :roll: if I just had some space in the garage, but at the moment it's completely rammed full.

If it's still around in a couple of months, let me know, and I'll have it.
Steve

No worries Steve, not surprised the garage is a bit full :)

Still up for grabs..

GT-Steve":2teb1gvf said:

You probably need a new and bigger garage! :LOL:

Tut :roll:

Why now.....

I fancied something different, and was thinking E-Stay was the way forward....but nowt was out there in my size so I've just brought a bloody Zaskar :roll:

Timing, timing, timing :cry:

bugger

:(

i would have had that
go well with this one
P1010112.jpg

please someone buy it ,take the temptation away :LOL:

mike

Apologies for the daft question but which c-c is the 19" refering to - seat tube length or toptube.

Again, sorry for the mong question :oops:

Alp*Willi":1k3fzkwy said:
Apologies for the daft question but which c-c is the 19" refering to - seat tube length or toptube.

Again, sorry for the mong question :oops:

No..my fault, should have been a bit clearer in the description ;)

It's 19 inches from the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of top tube so it's the seat tube measurement. It's a bit tricky to measure because of the curve there but it's definitely that size, the next down would be 17.5 inches and it's nowhere near that...

Now who wants it :twisted:

Just measured my current CroMega and she is 20.5 c-c seatpost.

I'm afraid that your's is a little small for me - bugger! :(

Ta for the patience

Rhys

i would be interested if i had the cash. only have parts to swap. so unfortunately someone else has to buy it.....

greetz and good luck selling

Back