Si's mini clearout- Cooks, AMP, Ringle, White Ind.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
For Sale. Prices Inc UK postage. Paypal Gift Only. Dibs on here followed by a PM please.

Ink Blue Ringle Cage. Very good, light marks on inside. No LBend. £25

AMP F3 XC Fork, Long 1" steerer, low miles and mint apart from a few decal scuffs, canti, V or disc. £85 SOLD

Cooks E Cranks. Very good. Silver with black unworn rings, new middleburn bolts in blue and blue Middleburn self extractors. Nice crankset £120

Cooks RSRs. Silver. Have been polished so no logo but good threads and tapers. Silver 110 BCD spider. £80

White Industries Titanium BB. 122mm wide. Looks to have had recent bearings. Very light. £45 SOLD

More to follow. Pics along in a jiffy.

elPedro666":1sngsuas said:
Not a 73mm shell by any wallet-crushing chance is it...? :shocked:

Probably not. The cups screw in to the frame and the axle is then fixed into the cups with locking collars so the chainline has some adjustment. In theory it would fit both shell widths but as the axle is only 122mm wide you don't have much room to play with. If I had a frame with a 73mm shell i would try it for you but i don't.

Cheers
Si

Um, 122mm, has it always said that...? I'd've sworn it was 113mm earlier! :s

Did you edit, or am I going mental(er)?

Running a 73x107mm UN54 at the moment and it's just about right, maybe a tiny touch tight, so 122'll probably be a bit long. I guess if I adjusted the chain-line nicely it'll leave my left crank arm sticking out!

Cheers for the info though, and kudos for a great quality clearout! :cool:

Pete

elPedro666":g9sjiunh said:
Um, 122mm, has it always said that...? I'd've sworn it was 113mm earlier! :s

Did you edit, or am I going mental(er)?

Running a 73x107mm UN54 at the moment and it's just about right, maybe a tiny touch tight, so 122'll probably be a bit long. I guess if I adjusted the chain-line nicely it'll leave my left crank arm sticking out!

Cheers for the info though, and kudos for a great quality clearout! :cool:

Pete

Yes I edited the post. I said IIRC it was 113, but that was the royce axle I have on my desk in front of me.

73x107 must not leave much room for fitting crank arms thats just 17mm per side :shock: Considering that the taper takes up 15 per side that is one hell of a low Q factor.

Si

This is to reduce the chance of scuffing my gorgeous carbon crank- arms with my heels, I'm thinking about getting the pedal axles extended to further safeguard them... :cool:

Actually, my good lady's got the bike for now - I can't face the reality of 'breaking them in' :oops: :cry:

The arms tuck in to the shell slightly and the granny runs very tight, actually skimming around the BB cup. Depending on how much it all flexes I might have to go up to a 110.

As it is the middle ring sits on a line between the 4th & 5th cogs (counting down from the largest), which suits for the gears I use most.

I don't just throw these things together y'know! ;)

Sounds odd, but it all looks 'right' - but of course it's all spanglynew and not actually left the building yet so we'll see...

I've probably knocked the rear triangle an inch out of square...
:LOL::LOL::LOL::cry:

you cant run a 63mm White industries bb in a 73 mm bb frame - the axel is slightly wider where the lock on colors are. you could run the cups but you'd need a new axel.

skinheadjc":f0svroz2 said:
you cant run a 63mm White industries bb in a 73 mm bb frame - the axel is slightly wider where the lock on colors are. you could run the cups but you'd need a new axel.

The wider portion runs all the way out to the taper so it makes no difference. You can have the locking collars all the way out if the axle is wide enough to suit the cranks. I have just fitted it into my (73mm) Cotic frame to satisfy my curiosity and it worked as it should.

Si

Latest posts

Back