TOTALLY RETRO YETI ARC (19 inch) - $1,500 - PICTURES UP!

ak

Retro Newbie
So I'm considering selling my Yeti ARC. This bike was custom built for me by Knapps Cyclery in Trenton, NJ. For those of you who don't know, Knapps was very tied in with Yeti, even building bikes that Yeti used in their catalogue. Trenton was the home of Ringle (Jeff Ringle is from there) and their original factory was there so Knapps got a lot of the stuff first!

There is not another bike like this in the world, I know because I hand picked each part. If you are looking for retro - this is it, you name it, it's there. From the YETI Hyperlite bars, to the Ringle Zooka stem. The bike is all XTR and sports a Lawwill Leader fork in great shape. Brakes are Avid...shifters are SRAM Gripshift. The wheels are BOMB PROOF and were built by Pete Garnich (owner of Knapps and mechanic extrodinare). I will tell you that literally in 15 years I've probably had to have them trued once...they just don't go out of true.

The bike was built in 1995 and didn't get a ton of use. I'd say it is in damn near perfect condition, especially for a 15 year old mountain bike. No dents, scratches etc.

I'm posting it only to see if there is interest among retro bike people out there. As much as I love the bike, I've started mountain biking again and I'm itching for some new technology and I'd be willing to sell this bike to finance my new purchase. I can send photos if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions. You can E-mail me at sak35@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Yeti 3.jpg
    Yeti 3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 875
  • Yeti 4.jpg
    Yeti 4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 875
  • Yeti 1.jpg
    Yeti 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 875
Re: TOTALLY RETRO YETI ARC (19 inch) - $1,500

ak":37cntv8h said:
I can send photos if you are interested.

I would have thought,
That to raise interest in a bike that you are wanting (circa) $1500 for, it would be prudent to post pictures up ;)

Gc

Re: TOTALLY RETRO YETI ARC (19 inch) - $1,500

enid_puceflange":2pnzom3m said:
ak":2pnzom3m said:
I can send photos if you are interested.

I would have thought,
That to raise interest in a bike that you are wanting (circa) $1500 for, it would be prudent to post pictures up ;)

Gc

AGREED - I'm going to post some photos later today. Literally was thinking about whether I wanted to sell it or not and said "what the hell, I'll post it". Ill have the pictures up ASAP.

I can certainly vouch for Pete at Knapps, and the prominace of that dealership.
Looking forward to seeing the pics. ;)

Going to post the bike on Ebay - wanted to see if there was any interest amongst the RetroBike crowd...

Back