Feedback
View
Full set in very nice condition, best (and prettiest) canti's available IMHO
Bought 'm as being RECORD OR, but ready to be proven wrong :D
65€ posted to EU/UK SOLD
IMG_0644.jpg

ferrus":19m1v4v2 said:
Lovely brakes. :cool:

I hope you don't mind me mentioning that these are actually Icarus, not Record OR.

Any chance you can explain me the difference.....
side view looks RECORD OR to me
IMG_0645.jpg

Ok, on Icarus the front 'cap' is engraved and cone shaped whereas on Record OR it's more rounded, without the engraving. Also the bolts are engraved on the Record and recessed into the cap.
The main difference is the pivot, which uses a more complex bushing system on the Record.. the cap screws up against the canti's arm to hold it in place and acts more like a thrust washer.

Originally Record brakes used the conventional pad mounting hardware seen in the bottom pic, but later models of both Icarus and Record had the ball-socket/ring system.
Interestingly, the brakes in the last pic are prototypes, -they were never produced without cutouts..

Icarus are still superb canti's, just slightly more conventional. They work great and have a finish to die for - no mistake!

ferrus":t5keu5kn said:
Ok, on Icarus the front 'cap' is engraved and cone shaped whereas on Record OR it's more rounded, without the engraving. Also the bolts are engraved on the Record and recessed into the cap.
The main difference is the pivot, which uses a more complex bushing system on the Record.. the cap screws up against the canti's arm to hold it in place and acts more like a thrust washer.

Originally Record brakes used the conventional pad mounting hardware seen in the bottom pic, but later models of both Icarus and Record had the ball-socket/ring system.
Interestingly, the brakes in the last pic are prototypes, -they were never produced without cutouts..

Icarus are still superb canti's, just slightly more conventional. They work great and have a finish to die for - no mistake!

Any chance of a pic...... these are Icarus also, but again without the Ball like brake pad holder....
icarusbrake.jpg

Back