20.5" 1997 M2 Stumpjumper Frame Withdrawn from sale

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Selling this for a friend....I bought it for him a while back and more or less fully built it up for him....and now he decides he can't afford it. Silly sausage.

Fairly hard to find 20.5" size...the largest Specialized produced.

That's 20.5" centre to top of seat tube.
Top tube is around 23.75" centre to centre.
Head tube is 135mm

In my humble opinion, one of the finest frames produced. Certainly one of the finest 'mass-produced'.

I'll start with the negative points.

Some considerable 'storage' scratching mid-way on the down tube.
Some considerable chain suck 'damage' to the chain stay....both as pictured.
Other than that not much else apart from some decal damage here and there.

Built up, the frame looks gorgeous...even the down tube scratches seem to become un-noticable.

Includes the standard seat post clamp, LX front mech and UN5? BB which is in fine condition. Nothing else.

Looking for £125 Collected or £140 Posted (Mainland UK)

Located at BackShopCycles in Central Cardiff....a fine establishment, always a pleasure to meet fellow retrobikers there :)

Loads more pictures here
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/ ... umpjumper/

Ebaystuff266.jpg

Ebaystuff246.jpg

Any chance of knowing what grease it has in the bottom bracket :? , kinda looks like rock and roll :? , and any chance of a picture of the frame looking over its shoulder in a seductive type of way.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sithlord":1w32d0cz said:
Any chance of knowing what grease it has in the bottom bracket :? , kinda looks like rock and roll :? , and any chance of a picture of the frame looking over its shoulder in a seductive type of way.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: Thanks Si :LOL:

Hub is standard Specialized Stout of the era...grease is finish line.

Now then.....this thread is about a frame for sale ;) :LOL:

Back