Steve Peat's worldcup winning GT DHI prototype - now £1k!

James_Geldart

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, i am guaging interest in this, I'd like a new car next year and you just can't have it all.

I'm the second owner since it was bought from steve peat's mechanic's shop (andy kiffin) in manchester.

Its the real deal, and cost not far off £3k when it was bought from steve by the previous owner.

Word is it cost GT something like $17k to build this prototype.

It's a special bike, Ive had the brakes fully rebuilt costing over £250 and it rides faultlessly.

This bike won the 99 British champs (i have videos with it on) and various world cup rounds that year.

Im looking at offers around £1500, fully original spec.

maribor99-bulls-pete.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

pm me with queries

Cheers

James

James_Geldart":35wanbsy said:
cyfa2809":35wanbsy said:
is it an xcr 1000?

Nope, its just labelled as one as its a DHI prototype (the frames are completely different)

Is this the one which was on e-bay not long ago? Just asking as I asked you (if it is the one) about the XCR1000 thingy too and we came to the conclusion it was painted in 'stealth mode' to confuse the other companies :LOL:

Just check out the gusseting where the tubes (seat and down) join and also the length of the shock to see it's NOT an XCR1000

Hi Xizang, cheers for the reply, I bought it off ebay a few months ago, so will be the same one!

What a find it was too, shame my shoulders just dont like downhill riding.... (i was sure they had healed themselves damn it)

might have a butchers at this if it won the champs. be a nice talking point over xmas. let me think

Back