1994 Diamondback Ascent £70

16simon

Devout Dirtbag
I'm not using this bike and it's just sitting in the garage so maybe someone else will get more use out of it?

It's a 1994 Diamondback Ascent with a True Temper AVR frame, full STX groupset, and Araya rims. It's all original (see full spec here http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/Bike ... &Type=bike) except for the tyres which are Schwalbes, knobbly front and semi slick rear.

Seat tube is 19" C-C, top tube is 23.5", stem is 130mm.

I've done all the dirty work so you don't have to: removed and greased and refitted the BB (replaced with UN52), seatpost, and pedals, so you don't have to worry about any of that being seized. Fitted new brake pads and a new KMC Z82 chain which runs fine on the cassette and chainrings which have no significant wear. Regreased the headset and fitted new cables (inner and outer), new grips, and a new riser bar. Set the gears and brakes up and both work fine.

It's a good sound bike, but there are chips and surface rust on parts of the frame. The hubs rumble a bit so would benefit from regreasing, and the rims about 1mm out of true. I reckon that it would make a great commuter, pub bike, or with some lighter wheels it would be up for some proper offroading.

I'm after £70; it can be collected from Essex or London.

Diamondback005.JPG

Diamondback004.JPG

Diamondback003.JPG

Diamondback002.JPG

Diamondback001.JPG

Am interested in this, where in London can it be collected from :?: Cheers...Nick

Hi, I've had a think about this, and realised that it'll cost me at least £10 to get the train into London so on a £70 bike it's not really worth it. I'm going to have to say collection from Brentwood, Essex only. If you can get out here I can meet you at the train station with the bike. Sorry about that....

Back