marin riftzone 1999 for sale

tony edwards

Old School Hero
Marin Riftzone 1999 model used but much loved, selling due to new bike. Nearly all original apart from the front forks. Which were upgraded to Manitou Mars c forks. Handlebars are Easton carbon monkeylight flat bars. The rear shock was replaced 12 months ago with a Rockshock Bar 2.1.the original fox float will be included but it has lost damping and was therefore replaced, although I believe this could have been repaired. I have all the original parts bars, stem and shock as mentioned (aside from the front forks) and I will include these in the sale for any one who wishes to restore the bike to near original condition. Even the tyres are original equipment although starting to show signs of age. I also have all the original paper work including the original card template to set sag on the shock The condition of the frame is very good no cracks or dents just the odd stone chip and scratch as you would expect on a bike of this age, the decals are all still intact just a bit of cable rub in places.Size is 15.5 inch a small.
I am looking for £350 ono for this iconic light weight full suspension bike.
Thanks for looking
Tony
please look at the flickr link below for pictures, as i am having trouble up loading new pictures on the site. not all the pictures show bike with current carbon bars, stem or seat will up load new pictures when i get more time

Hi Wold Ranger

I am afraid it’s only for sale as it has been replaced with a new bike and I could do with the cash for other things. (I.e. stuff for the house to keep the wife sweet)

Many thanks for your interest and cheers Khane for the back up. I m sorry to have to let it go (i have owned it from new) but three bikes is a bit too much for the wife !

Cheers Tony

Swaps

OK, but if you change your mind have a spare small/medium sized GOOD quality Titanium HT frame and loads of other components, free BUMP!

Swaps

Just a pic of the frame, rides even better, just need some bounce in my life!
stuff012.jpg

stuff016.jpg

Many thanks for your interest Wold ranger I am sorely tempted by the cracking Towsen but I know that any more bits or another bike would result in a bit of a domestic.
Many thnaks once again.

Tony

Back