1994 Orange Clockwork - Possibly For Sale - Gauging Value

Wobert

Dirt Disciple
I'm currently thinking of buying a new Orange P7S, and at the same time selling my trusty Clockwork.

Not sure what it's worth, so thought I'd try the fountain of knowledge that is on here for pointers on value & the best places to try and sell it.

Spec as follows:

1994 (1995 spec) Orange Clockwork 19" frame
F7 forks with extra mud clearance
STX-RC cranks
STX-RC brake levers & canti's
STX-RC Rapidfire+ shifters (21-speed)
LX headset
LX bottom bracket
LX front & rear mechs
Campag Atek black anodised rims
LX hubs with QR skewers
Orange stem
Orange Hot-Rod bars & bar ends (removed but I've still got them)
Orange seat post & saddle (saddle worn but usable)
Tioga Psycho II skinwall tyres
and last but not least Purple anodised bottle cage & screws!

This bike was used about 1/2 a dozen times before going in the garage for 13 years only to re-emerge late last year.

Minor marks to frame and forks (will touch in chips prior to sale), whilst everything else is in good nick. Cleaned & re-lubed after every run out.

I'd be really interested to see what value others think it would fetch.

Cheers,

Robert

Pics below:

Picture_0034.jpg

Picture_0029.jpg

Picture_0053.jpg

Picture_0062.jpg

I bought a 1994 Clockwork about a month ago for £127 but the spec is slightly lesser than yours (more STX RC, less LX), but possibly a more desirable colour (satin black).
I've seen Clockworks go for around £200 and one that went for a ridiculous £388 (but I think that was the exception, rather than the rule!)

Sorry, not much help really! :roll:

Last Prestige complete bike went for £220 on e-bay so adjust accordingly. Anything between £125 - £175 depending on condition is probably about right for a clockwork.

You can never account for the random buyer with a huge wallet factor though :)

Re: 1994 Orange Clockwork - Possibly For Sale - Gauging Valu

kingroon":1z3q3rsh said:
Wobert":1z3q3rsh said:
.. 17" frame

Are you sure it's not a 19"?

Pretty sure it's 17", I'll get my tape measure out tmoz.......

Thanks for the replies so far, they seem to back my personal opinion of what I think it's worth......

Any more comments will be more than welcome!

Cheers,

Robert

I'm very interested in your Clockwork do you have a BIN price? or are you going to let realise a price in an auction. If you are going to sell on here could i have first dibs please?

thecynic":27coh69z said:
I'm very interested in your Clockwork do you have a BIN price? or are you going to let realise a price in an auction. If you are going to sell on here could i have first dibs please?

At the mo I'm just "testing the water" as to value.

If I proceed with the sale then I'm not sure whether to go with selling it on here or putting it on ebay (with all the associated hassle that brings).

If I go with selling it on here, then of course I'll offer you first dibs.....does that sound fair?

Robert

Re: 1994 Orange Clockwork - Possibly For Sale - Gauging Valu

kingroon":p8fjhs07 said:
Wobert":p8fjhs07 said:
.. 17" frame

Are you sure it's not a 19"?

Been and measured it, yep it measures 19" from BB to top of seat tube.

My memory has obviously packed up over the last 13 yrs!

Back