1991ish Kona P2 forks..erm, not for sale!

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
These have come from my 1991 Explosif.
Well used and in need of a repaint, but no dents, just tired/faded/rubbed away paint. Some minor surface rust inside the top of the legs.
390mm A to C
142mm Steerer 32mm threaded
1/8th
Not sure how much to ask for these....does £25 UK Posted (snail mail) sound fair?
Gift paypal prefered.
Ta, Carl

Stuffforsale082.jpg

Stuffforsale083.jpg

Stuffforsale084.jpg

Stuffforsale085.jpg

Stuffforsale086.jpg

Have you lost your mind man?? I agree with Tallpaul....keep them, you will want to put it back to standard one day, and you'll struggle to find a pair of non sus corrected TB p2s when the time comes.

Phew, thank goodness for TaulPaul! [what can he have had for lunch that caused him to act illogically?]

I'm surprised you have a 1991 frame with an 11cm head tube though Carl, that's kinda my size, thought you were more the 13cm type?

Anthony":3t1lkuqq said:
Phew, thank goodness for TaulPaul! [what can he have had for lunch that caused him to act illogically?]

I'm surprised you have a 1991 frame with an 11cm head tube though Carl, that's kinda my size, thought you were more the 13cm type?

:LOL: I'm not sure what size you would call it Anthony ( did Kona measure them differently early on). The seat-tube measures 17" centre to top. Top-tube is about 22 I think.
My Stumpjumper is 17"...perfect size for me. Its been covered before but I think I probably have been riding bikes a wee too big for me in the past.

Harryburgundy":2nt4cbqz said:
:LOL: I'm not sure what size you would call it Anthony ( did Kona measure them differently early on). The seat-tube measures 17" centre to top. Top-tube is about 22 I think.
My Stumpjumper is 17"...perfect size for me. Its been covered before but I think I probably have been riding bikes a wee too big for me in the past.
Well Taulpaul and I do discuss this from time to time, but I believe that is a 1991 or 92 size 16. There was no size 17 back then. I believe that 16" is the length of the seat tube itself, i.e., not including half the bottom bracket.

This quite nice bike fetched all of £80 the other day. The seller said it was a size 16, even though it looks like a 17 (and has an 11cm head tube like a more modern size 17 does). But the head tubes were 2cm longer back then and the seller has owned it from new, so he no doubt knows that it's a size 16 because that's what he ordered. You won't see a 1991 Kona any smaller.

Attachments

• 1991 Cinder Cone size 16.jpg
    1991 Cinder Cone size 16.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,010
Anthony":29d29blb said:
Well Taulpaul and I do discuss this from time to time.

You make a convincing arguement. I'm yet to find time to sit at my computer, with a ruler working out the relative dimensions of the frames in the 1992 catalogue.

:LOL: You guys...actually the seller did describe it as 15".
Here it is in its faded glory. Original colour was purple, now faded to blue.
I don't like the original purple or black, so may go sage/olive green...dunno yet.
Oh...about 20.75 top tube...bit short for me
Stuffforsale087.jpg

Stuffforsale088.jpg

Stuffforsale089.jpg

Stuffforsale090.jpg

Back