lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi all. 2 frames for sale today. first up is a 1994 aa taken as part payment for some bits. it is too big for me which is a shame as i quite fancy an early aluminium kona. hey ho, i could use the cash though.

it is 19" centre to top (how konas are measured) centre to centre is 16" and the top tube c-c is 22.5"

it is an awesome shade of pinky purple. i think posh people may call it magenta. sadly the paint has seen better days and is missing in a number of places. it will take a fair bit to make mint but it is possible.

you may remember this was offered for sale a few weeks ago and mike stated the bottom bracket threads are dodgy. on close inspection there is damage to the threads on the drive side but it isnt difficult at all to bolt the bb in and it bolts down tight. as far as i am concerned there is plenty of life left in it. if or when it does fail there are plenty of other options. i would happily run it. as you can see there is a bb in it at the minute, just to prove it will go in but it isnt any good.

i'm not too sure how to value this. it is a bit of a rarity but its not mint. shall we say £65 posted?

i also have the original marzocchi forks for this frame. again they are not mint but still function and hold air. £30 for these, or 25 if you buy them with either frame

2d8qmi8.jpg

1zeuxp4.jpg

1zeuxp4.jpg

next up is a 1993 lava dome 16" centre to top. in my opinion93 is the best year for konas. all their line up was beautiful.

this bike has served me very well indeed and has been a pleasure to ride but i am putting gears back on my khs montana pro which will render this bike surplus. i am selling it as a frame only but i do have most of the parts attached to it and a set of project two forks and the original wheels so if you want more than just the frame then pm me and we can work something out.

structurally this bike is excellent, visually its pretty good.

really sad to see it go but such is life. you cant keep them all.

looking for £65 for this which i think is pretty cheap, my last kona frames sold were fire mountains and they went for £60, £100 and £65.

once again, i'm prepared to swap for a set of bombers.
hx3v3s.jpg

dave

Back