KONA LAVA DOME 1997 FOR SALE

I'm jesus

Dirt Disciple
KONA LAVA DOME 1996 (the beaut)

I Lost the thread so this is my third attempt at putting this up. This website is quite complicated to use sorry.

I have a Kona lava dome for sale. This bike is still in good condition for being 13 years old. The bikes frame is in fairly good condition with some scratches and minor dents. The only parts on this bike that are different from 13 years ago are the pedals and back wheel.

It rides well, and if it had two skinny tyers it could certainly pick up in speed. Most of the gears work, which is surprisingly good for its age. They do sometimes jump and might make quite a loud noise when changing but this can always be fixed by replacing the cogs. Good things about this bike are the old school breaks, which still work really well. Overall this bike is something special; it is different from any other bike i have owned. It has character, with its dark green colour and retro old school looking logo's it really is a pretty bike. This is the true retro look.

The only problems with this bike are that some parts might need replacing. This is due to mostly every part on this bike is original; this meaning the bottom bracket might need replacing due to it making a quiet noise when riding. Also something that might put a small person off this bike is the bike seat. The stem the bike seat sits on will not go down, i don't know why and I’m still working on the problem. I am going to use WD40 on it every day which hopefully should sort the problem out eventually, if this doesn’t work I’m going to try and heat it. I will try my best to sort this problem out.

I want a reasonable amount for this bike £120, even though there are some problems but won't cost much to fix up.

for pictures go to http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76803

comment on this thread please

If you lose the thread again either use the search button at the top or on the forum page in the top right click view your posts- you'll find your threads that way

Hi, i noobed out and posted on the other thread :roll:
Anyway , could you put a pic up of the dents in the top tube, i was 99% there in saying i'll have it, as i can collect too! But before i say yes i'd just like to get a better look at the dents-as in the other pic it looks like maybe 3 dents in the top tube.

urbanfireblade":1zcp5t1h said:
Hi, i noobed out and posted on the other thread :roll:
Anyway , could you put a pic up of the dents in the top tube, i was 99% there in saying i'll have it, as i can collect too! But before i say yes i'd just like to get a better look at the dents-as in the other pic it looks like maybe 3 dents in the top tube.

sorry man, i will definately do that for you. dont worry ther not as bad as you think.

Back