FS: '93 Specialized Rockhopper Comp. £145. NOW FREE POSTAGE!

street

Retro Guru
Regrettably for sale is my 1993 Rockhopper Comp. Size 18".

P1040245.jpg

P1040253.jpg

P1040252.jpg

P1040246.jpg

P1040250.jpg

P1040249.jpg

Spec is:

Chainset- Suntour XC Pro (46/36/26)

Mechs- Suntour XC Comp (R) XC Comp (F)

Shifters- Deore thumbies

Stem- Ritchey flip with Oddysey quill converter

Headset- Shimabo 105

Brakes- XC Comp cantis with Suntour toggle and XC Comp levers (drilled)

Wheels- Araya rims, Suntour hubs, Wheelsmith stainless spokes, Suntour XC Comp 8spd Cassette

Tyres- Onza Porc II's Kevlar folding

B/B- XT cartridge

Saddle- Rolls (bare and drilled!) on generic Kalloy seatpost.

Weight- 25lbs

Description:

A really great bike with origional paint and decals. Has a few scratches and cable rub marks but generally excellent and very very presentable.
Done very little miles in my ownership but it rides just great. A really simple, fast and good looking retro MTB.
Has a light dent on the down tube and one on the seat tube (camera couldn't pick them up).
Only problem I've ever had is that the B/B is a bit too short and as such I had to take the spacers off the inner chainring to get it to clear, hence the inner chainring is locked out because of that bottom bracket.
Get a slightly longer axles B/B and you're away. It doesn't like changing down the cassette into 7/8th but this just needs adjustment really. Oh and the seatpost is a bit tight but I think it's just a bit gunked up down there.
All in all a fantastic retro bike in a lovely retro colour that's ready for work! :D

Priced to sell fast at a measly £145.

Would prefer collection from Leicester city centre, can meet at the train station if neccesary or if you really hassle me enough I could courier it for an extra £20 to anywhere in the UK.

Thanks for looking, safe riding :)

Lat bump! Will do this at 145 pounds FREE POST to anywhere in the UK to the first person who wants it.
Only selling as I need to pay my rent, it's a lovely bike :cry:

Back