For sale: '91/92 Rocky Mountain Blizzard frame SOLD

Mijiblob

Dirt Disciple
I swapped an Italian road bike for this a couple of years ago. Sadly, it is too big for me, so I'm reluctantly selling it.

It is a '92 frame, I believe, although I think it was built in '91. Tange Prestige Concept tubing, hand made in Canada.

20" Centre to Top
70.5 Head angle/ 73 Seat angle
23 1/2" effective top tube
16.75" Chainstay length
11.5" BB height
27.2" Seatpost diameter
1 1/8" headset
135mm headtube
68mm BB shell.

Included is a Kona P2 fork (think it's a P2), and a 115mm steel quill stem. I will also include the Ritchey headset, although it's a bit worn.

This would make a great retro build. A piece of mountain biking history.

It is cosmetically tatty, but has no dents, rust or structural damage. Sadly, I think it was passed from one owner to another, then neglected as newer fancier shinier bikes appeared. It deserves a good home, and a new lease of life.

I'm looking for £100 for the frame fork and stem, as they are. Alternatively, I could have it powdercoated any colour of your choice. It will look stunning, sprayed up. This would be an extra £80-100.

Whilst this may seem expensive, I feel that a valuation reflects this frame's history, and status as a real high-quality machine. So for £200 or less, you could have a lovely frame to hang your retro parts on.

I'm loathe to leave it to the vultures on ebay, and hope there's someone out there who will give it the love it deserves.

Attachments

• GEDC0014.jpg
    GEDC0014.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,882
Here are some more pics:

As you can see, the frame doesn't look great, but it's all straight and true, and rides perfectly.

I know, it is a bit dirty, but I was in a rush to get some pics done. I am going to clean it up properly, and brush clean all the threads out. All the threads are fine.

This frame has been a bit neglected by previous owners, I won't lie. But it is structurally sound and safe. Once sprayed up, it will be as good as new!

Attachments

• GEDC0016.jpg
    GEDC0016.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,822
  • GEDC0018.jpg
    GEDC0018.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,822
  • GEDC0019.jpg
    GEDC0019.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,822
yep that's a '92. same as what i have. it's a shame it's too large for you.

can i trouble you for a nice front shot (as much as possible) of the tubing decal? i'm in the process of restoring mine and would like to replicate the original decals.

cheers!

Ok, I'll try to do one tomorrow, if you post a pic of your Blizzard!

It is a lovely frame. I tried convincing myself it was the right size, but it just isn't, sadly... :cry:

Chrislou; I'm confident someone on here will recognise it's value, and give it a loving home!

Back