For Sale - 1991 Alpinestars cromega DX e-stay 17.5"

rusty trowel

Retro Newbie
For sale, Alpinestars cromega DX. Not sure of value, so will start at £400. Sorry if this is way off, but no idea really.

Had it since new (1991), completely original spec except saddle and the addition of onza porcipaw grips and bar ends.

XT front mech and DX chainset, brakes, shifters, rear mech, hubs. Ritchey vantage rims and force tyres.

This has been sat in my mums garage since 1993 until the Purbecks retroride last month. Gears and brakes work perfectly. Only problem is new stem required, as this cracked on the Purbecks ride! Small bits of rust, and some chipping to paint and stickers, particularly on chainstays.

I enjoyed riding it so much i am geting a modern rigid hardtail to replace my on one 456 (also for sale- see singletrack classifieds) and need to sell this to fund the build.

For photos, see Purbecks aftermath thread or close ups shots on last Sundays Swinley ride thread on stw forum (Peter Poddys photos).

Offers will be seriously considered on this if i have massively over valued it, but if its only worth a hundred quid, i might as well keep it.

Cheers

It is a really nice one, but I would have said between £150 and £180 would be the very most you could expect :(
They just seem to come up regular so dont reah premium prices.
Get yourself a stem from SJS and keep riding it :D

Any pics?

I'm thinking of starting a collection :D

**EDIT** Forget that, I've just looked at the Purbeck thread and very interested, she really is original.

Obviously there's some conjecture here about the price.

GT steve, make me an offer, i'm sure there's a deal to be done here. My new frames turned up, so i'm in a good mood and need the cash!

rusty trowel":3b4y28ex said:
GT steve, make me an offer, i'm sure there's a deal to be done here. My new frames turned up, so i'm in a good mood and need the cash!

pm'd

We'll take it from there.

Thanks
Steve

Back