COOKS E-CRANKS FOR SWAP

Claret Badger

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
My wonderful black E2 Cooks Bros cranks need a 113mm B/B and mine is a 122mm :evil: Its going to cost too much to change the B/B so I would like to swap them for preferably Cooks RSR, but may consider Kookas and Race Face turbines as I believe they all fit a 122mm spindle.

What have you got?

Attachments

• p1010521_551.jpg
    p1010521_551.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 708
you think that a new BB is going to be expensive? you can buy an older style XT BB for a few GBP's. i think you get regrets if you swap your cranks.

good luck anyway

Bike pro site says Race Face are 122 mm, so Im just going on what I read there....

My B/B is a Royce hence why changing it will cost loads. Don't really want to sell it for pennies then get a cheaper one.

Claret Badger":2zat57lk said:
Bike pro site says Race Face are 122 mm, so Im just going on what I read there....

depends on the era of turbine crankset. that bikepro site is fairly old...
obs depends on your frame too.

i've got raceface turbines i'd readily swap for cooks e cranks.. but personally I'd swap the BBracket as already mentioned..

Claret Badger":14vg0098 said:
My wonderful black E2 Cooks Bros cranks need a 113mm B/B and mine is a 122mm :evil: Its going to cost too much to change the B/B so I would like to swap them for preferably Cooks RSR, but may consider Kookas and Race Face turbines as I believe they all fit a 122mm spindle.

What have you got?

sorry to be ignorant about this but how do you tell if you need a 113 bb or 122?

scant":owt0pwet said:
Claret Badger":owt0pwet said:

depends on the era of turbine crankset. that bikepro site is fairly old...
obs depends on your frame too.

i've got raceface turbines i'd readily swap for cooks e cranks.. but personally I'd swap the BBracket as already mentioned..

Yup, the Turbine LP's take a shorter (107-113ish) spindle and the non LP's take a slightly longer one

Back