FS: Kona Explosif 1994

• Thread starter Deleted member 4805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4805

Hi,
I have listed this bike already but have made some changes to the spec so have re advertised.

Kona Explosif 1994: Colour is original dark metalic green size unknown but top tube centre to centre is 57cm and seat tube from centre of BB to top of seat tube is 46cm. Overall the frame is in good condition but has quite a few chips in the paint work and a small amount cable rub. There are no dents and the only real wear is on the drive side chain stay where the chain has rubbed.

Original Kona race light handlebars, seatpost and seat clamp.

Dean stem.

Although not pictured I will include a selle flite kevlar seat that is rather worn but still perfectly usable.

Shifters are XTR M950 in VGC except for one the the indicator pods is missing.These can be brought from SGS for about £7

Rear Mech is XTR M952 in VGC with avid roller magic.

Shimano PD-M747 pedals which have a few scuffs but work well.

Mavic X618 v brake rims, the front has never been used with a v brake.

Hubs: Front DT Swiss Hugi 240, rear XT FH-M737.

Front wheel is true with no dents on rim and hub bearings perfect overall really excellent condition.

Rear wheel has just been trued and no dents on rim, rear hub is excellent.

Tyres both modern Conti Vertical 2.3 in VGC - Excellent condition and Specialized Enduro 2.2 in excellent condition with very little wear

FSA the pig headset.

XT crank ( newer type than 1994 not a retro piece )/ Shimano cassette + chain.

Bad points confirmed at local bike shop: The rear hub has a little play and have been told it will need a new freehub body at some stage as will the bottom bracket as it has a little movement but working fine at the moment.

It needs a new chain as the current one snapped and due to having links removed is too short and also needs a front mech.

The rear cassette and front chain rings are quite worn but still work fine.

Viewing welcome and not prepared to split at this stage.

Asking £375

Attachments

• Kona 2 002.JPG
    Kona 2 002.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,855
Pictures

More pictures

Attachments

• Kona 2 003.JPG
    Kona 2 003.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,853
  • Kona 2 004.JPG
    Kona 2 004.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,853
  • Kona 2 005.JPG
    Kona 2 005.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,849
  • Kona 2 007.JPG
    Kona 2 007.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,849
pictures

more pictures

Attachments

• Kona 2 008.JPG
    Kona 2 008.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Kona 2 011.JPG
    Kona 2 011.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Kona 2 012.JPG
    Kona 2 012.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 1,844
Forks

I'm happy for people to list any parts they want and then if in a weeks time or so it has not sold then I will contact you all and try to arrange a deal :D

Re: Forks

crazyknowledge":ea5dwjs1 said:
I'm happy for people to list any parts they want and then if in a weeks time or so it has not sold then I will contact you all and try to arrange a deal :D

In that case could I put my name down for:

front wheel,
stem,
handlebar,
seatpost.

Good luck with the sale as a complete bike though.

Cheers,

MArk

Kona

Hi,
This bike has been owned from new by a friend of mine, he cannot remember the exact year he brought it and I have listed it as 1994 from doing an internet search however I may well be wrong and if anyone knows for definite that would be a help.
Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Frtizlite,
You could always put on a 600mm lay back seat post and 170mm stem :LOL:
Cheers,
Andrew

Back