1997 GT Backwoods

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Having a project or two, a small shed and a new kona from ebay, I have to shed my GT Backwoods- I have stripped the bits but am selling the frame. Owned since new in 1998, but I believe it's a 1997 model. Frame has some annodising as seen from the pictures, but these polish off fine, just not really got around to doing it. Areas that I have have come out fine.

Bike is in really good condition otherwise, no dents or dings, condition as shown by the immaculate decals.

Size is 16 inch centre centre, or 18" centre top. As a guide, i'm 6 foot 2 and I have always loved it as a hack sling your leg over ride, although long riding better for someone shorter than me! Top tube is 21.5" centre headtube centre seattube.

For sale is the frame, bottom bracket (bit rough), front mech (alivio I think, its in the shed I'll check) and original seatpost, GT branded collar and a nice Koski saddle. Also have the stem and bars I'll throw in if the buyer wants when they collect.

I am also selling some Marzocchi Bomber Z2s which are in great conditon and are listed seperately on here for £65 posted. If buyer collects both will offer a discount.

Local pick up only in East Devon. - I would rather keep it in the spare room then be arsed to post it at this stage. Will travel some way too if nearby.

Any other questions just ask please. Here's a picture of it built up, and later as frame only.

Picture001.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Frame, seatpost, seat, seatclamp, bottom bracket, front mech £45 collected.

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

Wow what a nice looking bike, if i had the cash i would be buying this. Local aswell, if you split interested in bits for my first build. :D

Sorry to say this but are you sure that's an 18" ?, may be the angle of the pic but looks like a 16" to me, (the way the end of the top tube is pointing to the tyre) GT's are measured centre to centre mind.

Can't believe this is still for sale, let me know if you split.

Bumping this as a year later and I have just decided to split it.

Frame and bits for sale - have edited original description.

Please ask if have questions.

Hi lm going on a surf/beer trip at the end of oct to woolacombe l would happily take this off your hands if its still available. l could pick up on the way through or back. Cheers, Matt

Back